Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Schnurschue - Wehrmacht issue or civilian

Article about: Here is a pair of Schnurschue I picked up about 15 years ago. The laces are replacements for original rawhide laces that had disintegrated. My guess is that they are some kind of civilian or

Default Schnurschue - Wehrmacht issue or civilian

Here is a pair of Schnurschue I picked up about 15 years ago. The laces are replacements for original rawhide laces that had disintegrated. My guess is that they are some kind of civilian or civil service boots. The sole carries a manufacturing logo that I do not recognize - a capital B. There are no markings inside and not even a size indication but they appear to be size 42. I assume the oil proof and gas proof markings mean they were intended to be used in a shop location or where they would be constantly exposed to petroleum products. If anyone recognizes the manufacturer logo that might help me research. NH

Schnurschue - Wehrmacht issue or civilianSchnurschue - Wehrmacht issue or civilianSchnurschue - Wehrmacht issue or civilianSchnurschue - Wehrmacht issue or civilianSchnurschue - Wehrmacht issue or civilian

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Schnurschue - Wehrmacht issue or civilian
    P
    Many

Hello Neil,
    They're not Wehrmacht issue...never seen such an ankleboot...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Quote by Neil Hever View Post
    The sole carries a manufacturing logo that I do not recognize - a capital B.
    I would say it's the Bata company.

(I don't know this exact B-in-a-circle marking, but the letter is definitely of the design as used in their company name logo.)

I agree that these are civilian workboots.

After some truly deep mining of the internet, I was unable to find a matching boot using just the B in the logo. However, I did determine Bata had a factory in Czechoslovakia that was active during war time. The design and construction of the boot looks 30s or 40s to me. The rubber heel and sole is surely not military as expressed. I am guessing these were manufactured for use in Europe during that period for a German market or German speaking market. They may even be immediate post war. But there is nothing out there matching. Curiously, there is a Bata shoe museum in Canada. Perhaps they can help. The Bata shoe company is truly international in scope these days.