Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Scho - ta- tola ' Chocolate Ration Tin

Article about: I wasn't sure if this was the right section to post. BUT. I've had a few of these chocolate tins in the past, but I was very fortunate to get from a dutch contact a full tin - completely sea

Default Scho - ta- tola ' Chocolate Ration Tin

I wasn't sure if this was the right section to post. BUT. I've had a few of these chocolate tins in the past, but I was very fortunate to get from a dutch contact a full tin - completely sealed and un - opened. I know that no one in their right mind would open it and try and eat it, but I've rarely seen them "unopened" full contents - yes - unopened - no.

Anyone else seen them sealed lately?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Scho - ta- tola ' Chocolate Ration Tin  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Scho - ta- tola ' Chocolate Ration Tin
    P
    Many

These must have been stashed extremely well and forgotten, because Chocolate would have been a Luxury in the immediate Postwar Period...Very Cool!
    It's actually called SCHO-KA-KOLA...
    I tried some WWII Era Hershey's Tropical Chocolate years ago...It had no taste whatsoever, lol...
    cheers, Glenn

Don't eat it unless you want to "buzz your t*ts off", it's packed with caffeine and kola nut!....

Scho ka kola is still made today. I eat it often, especially when I have a long distance to cover in Germany at the wheel.Scho - ta- tola ' Chocolate Ration TinScho - ta- tola ' Chocolate Ration Tin

The woman with the cigarette is a friend of mine.Scho - ta- tola ' Chocolate Ration Tin

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Scho ka kola is still made today. I eat it often, especially when I have a long distance to cover in Germany at the wheel.Scho - ta- tola ' Chocolate Ration TinScho - ta- tola ' Chocolate Ration Tin
    If it was good enough to keep the panzers rolling into France, then it's good enough to keep F-B rolling into the office everyday.......
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    LOl......FB - on a recent trip to Germany I stopped at a "rest area" - and was confronted with a tin of the said chocolate - exactly the same in design but without the date - and bright red instead of orange - of course I had to buy a couple to try- WOW - it was bloody awful!!

Yes; it's good stuff. I always carry a tin of Scho-Ka-Kola on any trip.

I guess it is an acquired taste. There is also a tin with blue markings, but I have not used it. I use the Wehrmacht style one and listen to Wagner or Brueckner
    on Bayern Klassik. And I drive more slowly than I used to, since the traffic has gotten so bad and there are radars everywhere....Scho - ta- tola ' Chocolate Ration Tin

Thumbs up

I've become quite a fan - it's available from the German Deli near London's Borough Market. It's fairly typical of Continental dark chocolate ( ie very strong ). It's nice to have a tin in your pocket on a cold walk.....