Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Siege of Budapest 1944-45 German Paperbag (?)

Article about: Siege of Budapest - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Looking into this item: a paper bag found within a supply-pack which was dropped at the "Buda" side of Budapest (parachuted), d

?

Default Siege of Budapest 1944-45 German Paperbag (?)

Siege of Budapest - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Looking into this item: a paper bag found within a supply-pack which was dropped at the "Buda" side of Budapest (parachuted), during the siege of the city at 1944-1945. (According to the seller)
    It has a sticker on it with good whishes from the Führer...

Anyone seen anything like this before?

Cheers,
    Fabe

Siege of Budapest 1944-45 German Paperbag (?)Siege of Budapest 1944-45 German Paperbag (?)Siege of Budapest 1944-45 German Paperbag (?)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Siege of Budapest 1944-45 German Paperbag (?)
    P
    Many

Although I can't imagine anything else that could be easier to fake than something like this...
    I've seen original gift-parcels with similar labels, but I've never seen a bag like this before...
    did someone find a big stack?
    cheers,Glenn

?

well, the only other info he has, that it "smells really old" - or how we say it here: "smells like WW2"

it's not really an expensive item (8 EU), but I wanted some feedback from you guys...

I realize, that this could be an easy fake, but I had no problems with this seller, so far.

It looks awfully new for being 70 years old paper...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Fabe I don't see any way to judge something like this I am with Glenn on seeing that similar label before but never on a white bag I don't know Wagriff makes a point awafully new looking paper for 70 some years old seems like Bunker Militaria out of Claremore OK had something similar for maybe German Cookies but the paper to it was quite aged. timothy

?

Thanks for all for the feedback. I'll probably leave this one alone, eventhou' it sounded like an interesting item...

?

Well, for the price you cant really go wrong, but the paper does look awfully new.

I'd give it a big, wide berth.

Quote by Fabe View Post
    Siege of Budapest - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Looking into this item: a paper bag found within a supply-pack which was dropped at the "Buda" side of Budapest (parachuted), during the siege of the city at 1944-1945. (According to the seller)
    It has a sticker on it with good whishes from the Führer...

Anyone seen anything like this before?

Cheers,
    Fabe

Siege of Budapest 1944-45 German Paperbag (?)Siege of Budapest 1944-45 German Paperbag (?)Siege of Budapest 1944-45 German Paperbag (?)
    Yeah...pull the other one!Siege of Budapest....Found inside a pack dropped over the city...sticker with wishes from Herr Schickelgruber...if the sellwer needs money he'd better either sell something REALLY intersting or find a REAL job!
    PFUI!

Its like something that contained a meat pie..... yesterday!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem