Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Signal Lamp - Wehrmacht or Swiss

Article about: Hi Everyone, Picked up this signal lamp at Saturday's flea-market, thinking it was a Wehrmacht lamp. Looking at it now, I'm unsure, tried to find maker's mark or any identification stampings

?

Default Signal Lamp - Wehrmacht or Swiss

Hi Everyone,
    Picked up this signal lamp at Saturday's flea-market, thinking it was a Wehrmacht lamp. Looking at it now, I'm unsure, tried to find maker's mark or any identification stampings - nothing - usually Wehrmacht equipment was marked. Still think its from the WW2 era, could it be a Swiss Army Signal Lamp?. Any information appreciated.
    Regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Signal Lamp - Wehrmacht or Swiss  
    Attached Images Attached Images Signal Lamp - Wehrmacht or Swiss 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Signal Lamp - Wehrmacht or Swiss
    P
    Many

Default Re: Signal Lamp - Wehrmacht or Swiss

pretty sure Daimon is a WWII German signal lamp maker. The experts will pick up on this soon so you will get the correct info. John.

Default Re: Signal Lamp - Wehrmacht or Swiss

Yes. German made. A textbook example. Some have a paper battery lable inside.

Here i go again, reviving aold posts, this one from Anno domini 2010..

The swiss ones look quite alike i form and colour, but have a cover that can be flipped over the thick & round glass - lense (??) to hide the light. They dont have those "light colour changing-switches".
    And most of all, they are marked with a BIG Swiss Cross, that is relieve-stamped into the front steel... There can be no confusion.

Some are marked with a small "Crossbow", which stands for MADE IN SWITZERLAND... refering to Wilhelm Tell, the swiss National Hero, that killed the Habsburg-tyrant Gesller in 1290..

I shall post the two swiss ones that i have, for future reference..

German, look at this small site!

Good night!

https://wo2forum.nl/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=17432&start=60
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Hello Alec,
    it would be useful to look at other details, but your example seems to be a German Army of WW2 period.
    If can help answer to your questions I will show you some pictures for comparison.

regards
    Roberto

DAIMON model-German Army WW2 period
    Signal Lamp - Wehrmacht or SwissSignal Lamp - Wehrmacht or SwissSignal Lamp - Wehrmacht or SwissSignal Lamp - Wehrmacht or SwissSignal Lamp - Wehrmacht or Swiss

DAIMON model-Post War production (civil use)
    Signal Lamp - Wehrmacht or SwissSignal Lamp - Wehrmacht or SwissSignal Lamp - Wehrmacht or Swiss

PAGANI model-Swiss Army WW2 period
    Signal Lamp - Wehrmacht or SwissSignal Lamp - Wehrmacht or SwissSignal Lamp - Wehrmacht or SwissSignal Lamp - Wehrmacht or Swiss

oh man, this Flachbatterie with Reichsadler is as cool as the lamp itself.. it´s like... a treasure inside a treasure.. Awesome !!