Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Small lot of field equipment for a steal of a price!

Article about: Good afternoon to you all, I have looked around at eBay Kleinanzeigen again and found an offer I just could not say no to, all the items shown in picture one for all of 10€! Well plus shippi

Default Small lot of field equipment for a steal of a price!

Good afternoon to you all,
    I have looked around at eBay Kleinanzeigen again and found an offer I just could not say no to, all the items shown in picture one for all of 10€! Well plus shipping, but whatever.
    It included 3 field bottles ( 1 post war, 1 with cap but no cover etc. stamped ESB 40, one with cover and strap marked ESB 42, something "42" on the cover ESB40 on the cup F7 and S on the bakelite cap, F7 is the producer, S is the type of material used "Typ S Phenolharz (Bakelit) mit Holzmehl als Füllstoff") one WWII US army stainless steel mess kit marked "U.S. Knapp Monarch Co. 1944" and BW Butterdose and mess kit or something similar, some type of box anyway.
    The strap of the field bottle is unfortunately missing its carbine hook and the strap to affix it to the rest of the strap assembly.
    I have a question about the cup as I have not seen this model of cup very often, is it a rare model? Most cups I see are the usual oval shaped aluminium and steel 2 handle type ones or the bakelite ones, only original I remember seeing was one of the same model without any paint marked "MN45". So is it just an early model that was only made in limited numbers?
    Thanks in advance for your feedback!
    Luis
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Small lot of field equipment for a steal of a price!   Small lot of field equipment for a steal of a price!  

Small lot of field equipment for a steal of a price!   Small lot of field equipment for a steal of a price!  

Small lot of field equipment for a steal of a price!   Small lot of field equipment for a steal of a price!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Small lot of field equipment for a steal of a price!
    P
    Many

More pictures
    I have also fixed the last button on the felt cover as I received it as a broken one and found the top of the button lying inside the box. I just superglued both halves back together, now it holds together and works again and you can't see any residue from the superglue from the outside luckily.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Small lot of field equipment for a steal of a price!   Small lot of field equipment for a steal of a price!  

Small lot of field equipment for a steal of a price!  

Any thoughts on the cup?

?

Looks like the one on my W.W.1 medical canteen. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Nice little collection, the trink becker in alu isn't rare, the early war ones were often in metal then later into bakelit as metal became scarce. The Monarch mess tin is a good find as well.

Thanks for your replies, rra227 and BlackCat, I was just curious as I have not seen this type of cup very often, either the bakelite ones or the bigger cups made of aluminium or steel but not the small aluminium ones.

Hello,
    This aluminium cup is specifically meant for the Sanitäter canteen (some were also used for the early Gebirgstruppen canteen)
    The big felt cover is for the 1 liter canteen. From these photos, it looks like the biggest canteen should fit nicely in it...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Thanks for that info, Philip.
    These two field bottles are indeed quite big compared to my normal one, so then I guess I also have 2 Sanitäter Feldflaschen as they both appear to be the same size, now I just need a replacement carbine hook and strap then it will be a nice complete one aswell
    Luis

Just looked the Labeflasche up, as that's what it's called and I guess they're either Sanitäter or Gebirgsjäger and I've seen that ones with a strap such as mine are probably from the Gebirgsjäger.