Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

A small lot of kit that turned up in Jersey, Channel Islands this weekend.

Article about: It never ceases to amaze and amuse me when little hoards of kit appear here on the Island of Jersey so long after the German Occupation of the Island. I had a call Friday evening from the ch

Default A small lot of kit that turned up in Jersey, Channel Islands this weekend.

It never ceases to amaze and amuse me when little hoards of kit appear here on the Island of Jersey so long after the German Occupation of the Island.
    I had a call Friday evening from the chap on duty in my museum (The Channel Islands Military Museum, Jersey) to say that an elderly Gentleman had been down to the museum and left a bag with a number of German items in it for me to have a look at. Early Saturday morning I went down to my museum and was really pleased to see some interesting items in the bag.
    The folding shovel was really nice to see as they just don't turn up too often. Its a shame the closure strap is missing but the red and white paint on the lid could possibly be a simplified divisional insignia for the 319th Infantry Division that were stationed in the Island. It was also nice to see the remains of the soldiers name in the rear of the shovel case.
    The spanners are also quite nice, one for the 2cm Flak gun and the other for the 4.7cm Skoda gun which we had over here fixed into a number of bunkers biult into the sea wall performing beach defence. There were a number of these bunkers on the Island, and so this spanner came from one of them for sure. The oil bottle is a little different but still contains the original German oil. The small wire cutters were also nice to see as they are much harder to find here unlike the the long handled variety.
    The long handled shovel is what is commonly known here as a slave workers shovel. These used to be really plentiful on the Island but this is the first one I have picked up in nearly 25 years. Perhaps not a valuable item, but historically something of great significance to the Island from a time when slaves were a common sight.
    Having cleaned the items and put them on display earlier today, it is nice to know that there are still items to discover.
    I hope you like them, if you want to see more of the museum go to German WW2 Militaria | Home
    All the best from Jersey.
    D.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A small lot of kit that turned up in Jersey, Channel Islands this weekend.   A small lot of kit that turned up in Jersey, Channel Islands this weekend.  

A small lot of kit that turned up in Jersey, Channel Islands this weekend.   A small lot of kit that turned up in Jersey, Channel Islands this weekend.  

A small lot of kit that turned up in Jersey, Channel Islands this weekend.   A small lot of kit that turned up in Jersey, Channel Islands this weekend.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A small lot of kit that turned up in Jersey, Channel Islands this weekend.
    P
    Many

Default Re: A small lot of kit that turned up in Jersey, Channel Islands this weekend.

Good stuff! I have to rely on out of the way antique stores to find my little gems. Have yet to have someone drop a bag of goodies on my doorstep!