Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Small Portable Wehrmacht Siren - how many variations ?

Article about: Picked up this wehrmacht siren from the military collectors club meeting on Saturday night. Its fully functional made by the firm HELIN 1939 and has waffen ampt stamp - WaA 588. The first si

?

Default Small Portable Wehrmacht Siren - how many variations ?

Picked up this wehrmacht siren from the military collectors club meeting on Saturday night. Its fully functional made by the firm HELIN 1939 and has waffen ampt stamp - WaA 588. The first siren I've had, got to wondering if this was the sole type of these small portable sirens or are there other variations ? Does any member know ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Small Portable Wehrmacht Siren - how many variations ?   Small Portable Wehrmacht Siren - how many variations ?  

Small Portable Wehrmacht Siren - how many variations ?   Small Portable Wehrmacht Siren - how many variations ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Small Portable Wehrmacht Siren - how many variations ?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Small Portable Wehrmacht Siren - how many variations ?

Hi Alec
    I,m unsure if there is any variations on these because I have been looking for a good one of these for ages and this is the only type I.ve ever come across. I like this one. Is the carrying strap original to it?

Martin

?

Hi Martin,
    Thanks for the post, from what you say, it maybe then the only portable type of siren. The collector I bought off said the strap was not original to the siren. Although he reckons the sirens did have webbing straps,

That is a nice siren Alec. Great condition for it's age.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Hi,
    I really like these small hand held sirens and as far as I know they are the only type that was made in this size. I have had about a dozen of them over the years, always upgrading as I have gone along. The pictures of the one I have attached to this post is now the only one I have as its the best I have found for condition and completeness. It still has the original paper tag on it as well as the strap with leather connector which attaches to the siren. and the ultra hard to finf protective cover. All in all a super piece of kit.
    D.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Small Portable Wehrmacht Siren - how many variations ?   Small Portable Wehrmacht Siren - how many variations ?  

Small Portable Wehrmacht Siren - how many variations ?   Small Portable Wehrmacht Siren - how many variations ?  

GREAT siren Damien - I have one too that was painted post war a horrid Orange colour ( that I painstakingly stripped off ) but I never had or saw the thing that hooks into the boss on the front with the cross pin before ..... what is the purpose of that???

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

From what I have been told the strap and the connector are used as a legstrap/brace along with the curved underside of the siren base. It would be strapped to the thigh and held in place with the strap and the user could then wind away to his hearts content.

I really like those.
    I need to get one for sure.
    chris

?

Jersey 34 - very nice piece indeed. I need to look for a head cover, strap and a leather connection toggle.

What a nice item Alec

Does it still work ok?

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast