Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

So THAT'S what it's for

Article about: Hey guys, I've had this thing for a GOOD few years. It was given to me by an Austrian guy I met ski'ing a couple of years ago (a veteran)along with a lot of other stuff.............but I NEV

Default So THAT'S what it's for

Hey guys, I've had this thing for a GOOD few years. It was given to me by an Austrian guy I met ski'ing a couple of years ago (a veteran)along with a lot of other stuff.............but I NEVER knew or remembered to find out what it was.
    So THAT'S what it's forSo THAT'S what it's forI recently spotted on on fleaBay.......and the penny dropped. It's a sharpener for razor-blades (really ingenious) and does a GREAT job of re-honing a used blunt blade. I'm currently experimenting with it t see HOW LONG/How many times a blade CAN be used for, I'm just about reaching a month on one blade.......although.........I AM now starting to loose a lot of blood per morning. Great little device........I wonder if anybody else has seen or used these?

Mike

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement So THAT'S what it's for
    P
    Many

Default Re: So THAT'S what it's for

These are quite common here in the states. Lots of variations of single edge sharpeners, collectable to some folks. This one is pretty cool, you pull the strings and it move the blade in a swirling motion against the stones.......yes, very ingenious! Russ

It's fabulously simple engineering.....but totally effective! I took me AGES to even come up with an idea for it's use.........closest I came was a rewinder for the small dictaphone tapes!

I used to have one of these but it gave up the ghost for some reason. I've been considering trying this new fangled waxing procedure for men, but I'm not sure...It looks painful. What's a B,S&C wax anyway? Manscaping isn't really my thing TBH, so all suggestions are welcome.

Regards, Ned.
    Attached Images Attached Images So THAT'S what it's for 
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Jeez, get the silver bullets out and some wolfsbane and dont go out in the full moon

Love it!!!!!!

?

That bloke needs a lawnmower.

?

Or a BONE

Flamethrower?

Best regards
    Theo.