Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Some advice please on selling ww2 German gasmasks on ebay!!!!!!

Article about: Just had my listing ended by ebay due to me not mentioning the mask?the filter?hasn't been neutralized,I bought the damn thing through ebay 2 years ago in exactly the same condition its in n

Default Some advice please on selling ww2 German gasmasks on ebay!!!!!!

Just had my listing ended by ebay due to me not mentioning the mask?the filter?hasn't been neutralized,I bought the damn thing through ebay 2 years ago in exactly the same condition its in now,so have rules simply changed?or is there a way around it without ruining the filter?thanks in advance........apparently im a walking HAZMAT!!!!!!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Some advice please on selling ww2 German gasmasks on ebay!!!!!!
    P
    Many

I am in the same boat. Had a modern Russian gas mask pulled because I didn't state the age. Ebay now have just twigged that some of the materials in old gassies can be hazardous so you are not allowed to sell old masks on ebay now. Unfortunately this appears to have happened just as I purchased a collection of WW2 Brit masks, but never mind. Not sure if sealing the filter would make a difference with them as I have had trench art shell cases removed before, despite saying they are inert.

Guys, sell them on the Forum here

Quote by wizardman View Post
    Guys, sell them on the Forum here
    Its not for trying,no body here has ever shown an interest in my items,sorry to say that but true..........

I have bought so much from here i think i should have shares Paypal and postage to Australia are my only criteria.... Good luck anyway

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Its not for trying,no body here has ever shown an interest in my items,sorry to say that but true..........
    I love this forum but I must agree, nothing sells on this forums classifieds unless you're giving it away. I'm always open to offers but nothing. Maybe people feel otherwise but that's my experience. Things sells much faster on WAF but I don't care for that forum so I haven't been a paying member for two years now.

I've had some problems with US Ebay myself, so I understand your frustration completely...But I've had very good results locally selling through Craigslist...Had one gentleman show up to buy a $200 item, but when he saw my collection he bought $660 worth of stuff! It was a good day, lol...
    cheers, Glenn

Well Todd you've said what I was always thinking,if there's cash involved then its a no go area,plus we here probably only make up a very small percentage of world wide collectors,so for me Ebay's still the better option overall,so should I get rid of the filter?or fill it with pva glue,but after reading Royalmails rules I still don't think that alone would be good enough and sending it will risk the item being disposed of..........

Jake, I've heard of the problem that you're having when it comes to selling on ebay. Apparently if you state in the description that a filter contains no hazardous materials, it's able to get past eBay's system of vetting such pieces.

Thanks,

Danny

Hi Danny and yes your correct,but when I checked many other listings,they say nothing with regards to safety,but there item isn't removed,think ebay picks items at random.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast