Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Some advice please on selling ww2 German gasmasks on ebay!!!!!!

Article about: Just had my listing ended by ebay due to me not mentioning the mask?the filter?hasn't been neutralized,I bought the damn thing through ebay 2 years ago in exactly the same condition its in n

Does eBay have a way of Checking or Knowing that the filter has been made safe? What would happen if you Said it was but really Wasn't?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Some advice please on selling ww2 German gasmasks on ebay!!!!!!
    P
    Many

I'd say if the buyer throws the mask on his head and takes a lungful of old asbestos you could be liable for misrepresentation. I wouldn't be lying about this sort of thing, all you'd need is some litigation-happy fool and there goes your house.

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    I'd say if the buyer throws the mask on his head and takes a lungful of old asbestos you could be liable for misrepresentation. I wouldn't be lying about this sort of thing, all you'd need is some litigation-happy fool and there goes your house.
    That would be my concern also.

I have just tried selling a British civillian duty gas ask. I tried lying about the asbestos, they pulled it anyway saying that they knew it contained asbestos. I would bet money that stating that the filter was sealed would make no difference to eBay, after all it still contains asbestos. As a result I have an unwanted mask and also have no practical way to sell it. My experience also suggests it would need to be a giveaway price to sell it on here. eBay is really annoying me more and more these days.

Quote by MD Helmets View Post
    I love this forum but I must agree, nothing sells on this forums classifieds.
    Hey, remember I bought a helmet todd!!

Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Feel sorry for you Doug,but at the same time its almost a relief to know im not the only one,and yes im also now stuck with something that I would rather see the back of,Im not having anymore gasmasks thats for sure................

I bought a nice named gas mask and can on eBay just a couple months ago. The item ran till the end of the auction. I have bought several items from our classifieds here so I would encourage those who do post there to continue to do so. I wish more people did post there wares here in fact as I don't care for the other forum. When I need to move things I won't hesitate to list them here.

Ebay dont police the site just themselves, they rely on other users reporting the item directly to ebay.
    thats why if you look right now there is loads of british respirators on there.

We all get annoyed with the Bay, but really its not that bad, as long as you don't want to sell, knives, guns, ordinance, gas masks, swastikas, inert ordinace, relics or ss items
    My advice is, put an add on here, and try any other free options that you can think of, like certain facebook groups that are set up for the selling of militaria etc...

Failing that, do what i do, bag n tag 'em and store them for another day.

Didn't think there was any asbestos in German masks?

Well re-listed the Mask minus the filter,added a note to the listing stating such,will still remove it again
    fingers x never know,gotta laugh when the big US sellers are knocking em out complete with filter,no mention of the lethal poison Asbestos,and allowed to ship overseas to the UK,don't see them getting smacked down...........

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast