Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Some German Flag Education Please!

Article about: Certainly original from what I can see. If you can get it cheap, go for it. Cheers, Ade.

Default Re: Some German Flag Education Please!

Certainly original from what I can see.

If you can get it cheap, go for it.

Cheers, Ade.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Some German Flag Education Please!
    P
    Many

Well, we didn't pick up the flag. After watching this thing sit inside the glass case for months, this visit found it gone. The shop owner told us a guy walked in and bought it sight unseen, didn't even ask to have it unfolded for inspection and didn't question the price. Shop owner also indicated to us that the flag was as tattered and torn, thoughout as we saw on the small part we were able to inspect with out unfolding. From the sounds of things, I don't think we would have ended up bying it anyway, even if he came way down on the price.

But we didn't leave empty handed. In a shop, across the street, we picked up a nice old Ukrainian Air Force Beret. Not exactly sure yet what vintage, I'm thinking late 50's early 60's, have not yet found an exact match for the Air Force patch, but it differes slightly from the modern day patch.

?

Quote by MySonsDad View Post
    Well, we didn't pick up the flag. After watching this thing sit inside the glass case for months, this visit found it gone. The shop owner told us a guy walked in and bought it sight unseen, didn't even ask to have it unfolded for inspection and didn't question the price. Shop owner also indicated to us that the flag was as tattered and torn, thoughout as we saw on the small part we were able to inspect with out unfolding. From the sounds of things, I don't think we would have ended up bying it anyway, even if he came way down on the price.

But we didn't leave empty handed. In a shop, across the street, we picked up a nice old Ukrainian Air Force Beret. Not exactly sure yet what vintage, I'm thinking late 50's early 60's, have not yet found an exact match for the Air Force patch, but it differes slightly from the modern day patch.
    Oh well, I hope the new owner takes care of it and keeps it safe, I would have bought it at 150$ anyday for some reason I loved it
    I cant wait to see the beret!

cheers,
    Pat

Yes Pat, I am sure who ever purchased it will take good care of it, it's certainly going to need it.

I'll try and get some photos of the Beret posted later today, or this evening. My camara has recently taken become NON-COMPLIANT and I have to use my cell phone, for photos, until I get mad enough to toss my camara across the room and then be forced to go out and get a new one........grrrrrrrrr

Russ

Sounds like a air recognition vehicle flag and unless it was really shredded, the price sounds like it was OK, much cheaper than they usually go for, though this is all academic as someone else bought it.

Regards,

Jerry
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2