Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Some 'mystery items'

Article about: OK, so what do you think these are????? I'm guessing bag seals but from what? Nice little items that have turned up one by one in batches of relic stuff and make a neat little collection of

Default Some 'mystery items'

OK, so what do you think these are?????

I'm guessing bag seals but from what?
    Nice little items that have turned up one by one in batches of relic stuff and make a neat little collection of their own.

Cheers, Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Some 'mystery items'   Some 'mystery items'  

Some 'mystery items'   Some 'mystery items'  

Some 'mystery items'  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Some 'mystery items'
    P
    Many

Default Re: Some 'mystery items'

133 views and guess everyone else was stumped too??
    Well, I think they are seals from the powder bags used by artillery as extra propellant charges. Just a throwaway ( blasted away ) item but still neat things to have ......for the obsessive collector
    Cheers, Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Some 'mystery items'  

Hi,
    I am not too sure about your theory. I think they are actually the makers tabs from the wicker baskets used to transport the shells..... don't forget the Germans marked everything they made...or almost. (I know they even stamped camo net!!!!!. Anyway if you look at the tabs shown they have rounded ends which I believe a strand of wicker went around. I have a couple examples of these baskets in my store and will go and investigate but as I am not able to upload photos due to my computer incompetance I can't show you what they look like in situ. I will have a look for them later today. If anyone is interested email me at damienhorn1@gmail.com and I will send them a pic or 2.
    All the best from Jersey, Channel Islands.
    D.

THankyou Damien - mine was only a guess, yours is more accurate so I'll go with that.
    Email on it's way for a picture, thanks!
    Dan

Quote by JERSEY 34 View Post
    Hi,
    I am not too sure about your theory. I think they are actually the makers tabs from the wicker baskets used to transport the shells..... don't forget the Germans marked everything they made...or almost. (I know they even stamped camo net!!!!!. Anyway if you look at the tabs shown they have rounded ends which I believe a strand of wicker went around. I have a couple examples of these baskets in my store and will go and investigate but as I am not able to upload photos due to my computer incompetance I can't show you what they look like in situ. I will have a look for them later today. If anyone is interested email me at damienhorn1@gmail.com and I will send them a pic or 2.
    D.

SOLVED!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thankyou Damian - cheers, Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Some 'mystery items'   Some 'mystery items'  

Always glad to be of help.
    D.