Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Some New Relics

Article about: I haven't posted in a while but wanted to post some new additions. Opinions are always appreciated! I don't know what the round thingies are that have 'bwz' on them.

Default Re: Some New Relics

Quote by harry211 View Post
    Hi
    Agree that the gauge looks wrong. There should be clear signs where the sight and trigger were located. The only screw was about 1/3 of the way down, at the bottom of the tube, underneath the tail end of trigger mechanism. This held the propellant charge in place.

I think a faust 60 was about 2.0 in in diameter and 3.4ft long. On first appearances I think your mate may be right
    The seller said it was a faust 30. Who knows.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Some New Relics
    P
    Many

?

Did you buy these relics or did you find them. You bought some you wrote, but do you ever go search also? I really like relics

Regards, Lars

Quote by Datrus View Post
    Did you buy these relics or did you find them. You bought some you wrote, but do you ever go search also? I really like relics

Regards, Lars
    Lars, I bought them all. The only relics I have found myself are some U.S. Civil War and Revolutionary War stuff in my collection. I too like relics a lot! Don't get me wrong, I love mint looking items, however, relics have that been there done that aura! I also do believe that the faust tube is legit, based on who I purchased it from. His pics weren't that great and the description made it sound like it would be in better condition. I emailed him questioning the condition but never received a response. Guess he didn't like my questioning the condition.

?

I of course also like mint items, but as you say "the been there done that aura" goes a long way. It's a very nice feeling finding them where they were dropped 70yrs ago. I just wish they could talk

Hi

I believe that any 'faust, be it the Faustpatrone, 30, 60 or 100 should have that screw hole for holding the propellant charge in place underneath the trigger/site assembly, and a corresponding hole on top for the firing pin. If they are not there then I think it is a bit suspect.
    best regards
    Matt

The seller just emailed me and said that there is another half of the tube that he has. I hope he can reunite us with it at a fair price. I wonder if he is a member here.

Quote by Good Pwny View Post
    The seller just emailed me and said that there is another half of the tube that he has. I hope he can reunite us with it at a fair price. I wonder if he is a member here.
    have you/could you get a photo of the other half and post it before parting with any cash as I am really curious now. btw - how long is your current tube?

best rgds
    m

?

Personally I would demand the whole tube, not be sold two halves for a certain price each...

Nitram

I'll measure the tube tomorrow and post the dimensions. Nitram, I totally agree! Why not sell the tube as a whole? The tube is at best maybe 1.5 feet. Dude didn't post the measurements on the auction. I just assumed that there was more than half of it there! Buyer beware!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2