Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS Black Thread Spool

Article about: I purchased these in 1993 on Jersey Island off of France. Jersey Island was and is owned by Great Britain and was occupied by the Germans. There is an underground hospital there and was a st

dicerbodesign
    ?

Default SS Black Thread Spool

I purchased these in 1993 on Jersey Island off of France. Jersey Island was and is owned by Great Britain and was occupied by the Germans. There is an underground hospital there and was a stronghold. GB never tried to retake the island because it was too heavily fortified.

It was Hitler's favourite conquest being that it was like having a piece of England.

This spool of thread was used in the construction of SS Gestapo uniforms.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Black Thread Spool   SS Black Thread Spool  

2. # ADS

dicerbodesign
    ?

Default Re: SS Black Thread Spool

I am pretty positive of the authenticity of these. That island has a stockpile of German items. The gentleman I purchased these from had an Stgw 44 and a Russian PPSH fully auto. Because the island was never taken by the British, the Germans just left everything there.

I have never seen any spools like this anywhere else. I have a lot of memorabilia, but the spool is something I never questioned.

Thanks for your imput.

just week since i,m back from norway.in Bergen in downtown is small antik shop(king oscar street).master is very kind and nice man.-i found in his shop backyard(he just let me look there) exact spools.Man was very honest and said that theese spools are fakes for sure.those had exact labels on.sorry if i,m wrong but even from this quality photo label dont looks enough good.once again-sorry if i,m wrong.i wish i am.

?

I've saw the same but yellow about 10 years ago, and the tag was a fake
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

dicerbodesign
    ?

Quote by PHILBROWN View Post
    these spools are on most iffy stalls at most fairs sadly, the question beggers ,why have ss marked cotton, we have to see the reason for this, and i cant, cotton is cotton. dont forget the c/islands are magnets for this souvenir stuff.
    This may be true, but the gentleman I bought them off was not a dealer. He had lived on Jersey all his life and during the occupation.

He also had MG 42 rounds still in the boxes with grease. All this was in an old shed in the back of his house.

I would like to believe these are real, but if not they are a great souvenir from my trip to Jersey.

Sorry, these are fantasy item. They have been around a long time now.

Cheers, Ade.

dicerbodesign
    ?

So you don't believe these were ever made? Seems like a lot of trouble to go through to produce a spool of cotton thread.

Think about it, it's one thing to make a wound badge copy or an Iron Cross, but a spool of thread.

The thread and spool are made in India. Someone bought these are simply added the fake SS label.

Cheers, Ade.