Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

SS KZ Gas mask....apparently

Article about: Wow, thanks for the info on the name... It amazes me the lengths people will go to to "tart up" an item.....if this was faked, surely the seller would mention it in their descripti

Default Re: SS KZ Gas mask....apparently

i understand our little world here.

it's a strange one though. it's a world where you can be congratulated and respected for owning the collar tab of a staff officer of a concentration camp. or his uniform. but not this.

but i do understand it. for most people not like us, however, it's a mighty fine line we draw here.

getting back to our world, you guys are right: the thing is a fake abomination and i don't want to know the guy who covets it.

anyway... just thinking out loud. and i apologise because i'm very close to starting my own thread here. the "do you tell your friends and coworkers what you collect and what do they think" thread.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS KZ Gas mask....apparently
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    A thousand dollars for a common gas mask with a strange looking sticker plastered around it and a painted on name...
    Just what i thought looking at it 2 seconds. Especially the "Majdanek" is BS. Why would a soldier write Majdanek or Stalingrad on a item.....

good point. that inscription is really too much. i mean did they miss any of the "bells and whistles" the faker would need to "move" this thing?

?

As i have said before, i don't see these items as WW2 collectibles. They have very little to do with WW2. They have nothing to do with the battles and their history.

Regards, Lars

i agree. i was just speaking philosophically about the masses not like us. many of them don't see it that way. they see anything with a swastika on it as repugnant.

we make a finer point. and i think we are, in that respect, educated enough to do so in most respects.

i find myself in the position of veering away from the mask and into a philosophical discussion i probably shouldn't have here and again, i feel then i'd have to apologize for that and i do.

back to the mask... yes, Datrus... there is nothing here of the history that most of us seek preserve. it is not an item i would collect. that's for sure.

?

Oh yes indeed. I understand your point. It was not directed at you. It was more that once in a while these items pop up. They can only be of interest to a specific audience not interested in WW2 from a historical point of view.

you say it much more efficiently than i managed.

?

Quote by big ned View Post
    I think you could safely say ZERO. Think about it, get a standard gas mask and container, buy a 5 buck repro label, a modellers paint brush and some paint and... Voila!!! I could do it, you could do it, anyone with the slightest bit of artistic input could do it. This thing is worthless as far as it purports to being a genuine horrifically iconic piece of man's inhumanity to man, where's the provenance?

It's a load of bollocks, and what makes it worse is that people will stoop so low as to attempt to hawk this vile, tasteless crap. Whoever buys this is in a way condoning the holocaust and is going to be out of pocket a grand. As far as I'm concerned that's fine, because if they want to own a piece like that then I'm glad they got burned, more fool them.
    Well said that man.

Not the worst part that some seller is hawking this. Sad, that there is actually a market for such items.
    Somewhere out there, a bloke is cruising the internet for items like this.

?

Quote by tempelhof View Post
    i understand our little world here.

it's a strange one though. it's a world where you can be congratulated and respected for owning the collar tab of a staff officer of a concentration camp. or his uniform. but not this.

but i do understand it. for most people not like us, however, it's a mighty fine line we draw here.

getting back to our world, you guys are right: the thing is a fake abomination and i don't want to know the guy who covets it.

anyway... just thinking out loud. and i apologise because i'm very close to starting my own thread here. the "do you tell your friends and coworkers what you collect and what do they think" thread.
    I get your point.
    For me, I found it most striking, that a forum member objected to a collection with a uniformed plastic skeleton formerly from a doctors consultation. The duality. SS uniforms, visors, collar tabs on one hand and the objection on the other side.
    A strange world.
    (That being said, I fully respect said members opinion. It is HIS opinion and he has a right to that + all the usual PC caveats :-) )

?

Quote by Good Pwny View Post
    LOL-Look at the seller's profile pic. She looks like a washed up stripper with extremely FAKE cans! Quite fitting considering the user name is jc-antiques
    I resent that!!

The well respected vender is acutally demonstrating two concealed prototype machine guns, as seen in the Autin Powers movie.
    The movie prop guys actually ripped off the dual MG design from a little known prototype developed by German engineers late in the war and found in Kummersdorf by advancing allied troops.
    The dual MG prototype later vanished and has only now resurfaced in the 'hands' (?) or rather bra of this well known dealer.
    She also has the real AH diaries for sale BTW

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3