Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Is this an SS Numberplate?

Article about: Hi Everyone I have acquired what I believe to be a 'SS Numberplate' however I am not too sure, its not the usual shape, perhaps this was for a heavy truck or for something else I have been t

?

Default Is this an SS Numberplate?

Hi Everyone

I have acquired what I believe to be a 'SS Numberplate' however I am not too sure, its not the usual shape, perhaps this was for a heavy truck or for something else

I have been told it was found in Demyansk:

What do you guys think, would be great if I could find something out about this?

Many thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this an SS Numberplate?
    P
    Many

Yes. But a fake one IMO. Letters should be black not white, but since the base colour is white and the letters are white... also it is unrealisticly beat up.

?

Thanks for the reply I am not sure, I have seen another plate similar online and the holes match perfectly, it looks and even smells very old...

Im personally not convinced. Lets hear the others.

?

Is there anymore views or input with this, I am not entirely convinced it's a fake, maybe it's not a number plate at all?

?

Difficult to say what it is , but as pointed out if a reall SS number palte the letters should be black
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Really, metal "that smells really old"? I thought this distinction was relegated to cloth, leather, etc. But a license plate?

I mean if it was kept in trunkful of antiques for a couple decades, it might be more believable, but... this doesn't look like it spent much time indoors, nevermind in a smelly old trunk.

And yes, the wear is pure baloney... ask yourself, what would make a license plate look like this, unless it had been trampled by a scrapyard crane for a while... or just simply purposely and repeatedly beat with a ball peen hammer ;-)

Any metal workers here?

I mean, look at the edges? It looks like an ex Zildjian cymbal factory worker with a score to settle got a hold of it

Some heavy used parts of my car are also smelling old and historical... I want to say that many metals (like iron or steel) are smelling "old" (I don't know exactly why), even if they are 5 years old. Just like my car.
    I believe this piece of metal was spieced up to look like a super rare SS item directly from the battlefield. Every SS license plate had black Sigrunen on it, so they would be (even a minimum) visuable if it's an original piece. The damage looks, like Larboard said, modern made and not like a 70 year old battle damage.

Regards.