Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

ss stamping on German furnitures

Article about: Hi, I wondered if anyone can shed some light on the use of the SS letters in rubber stampings. Where they always in the lightning bolt form, I am looking at a chair supposedly taken from the

SS Ring Man
    ?

Default Re: ss stamping on German furnitures

Vary nice and a good way to show the back to the land movement the nazi were looking for.I thing that as collectors we are looking for new horizons.As such the need is great for true life with in Germany 1933-1945 and all things made with in.The real trubel comes when items made at the same time by others is taken for nazi,when some smart fake artist cut,burns,stamp,marks anything that setoff all the bells with in our world.One must look at what was made and by who?

2. # ADS

Thumbs up Re: ss stamping on German furnitures

Lars

That table and those stools look amazing, something I would like to add to my collection with pleasure...

Greetz

Nick VR

Thanks for the nice images. What with the onset of economic stringency in the late 1930s, I wonder if there were controls on furniture and what not in Germany generally. I shall look it up. When I lived in Germany for government service, I, too, wanted to get some of these pieces of furniture in the style of the regime that one saw featured in the art and architecture books. But I never found any, at least not in Rheinland Pfalz. I am sure there is an entree into this material in specialized circles in Germany and Europe. I also imagine a lot was simply thrown out in the 1950s, when other styles came along and one just junked what one had.

When I have had my German military people with me here in my native town, they marvel at the accumulation of wealth unmarked by war, especially pieces of furniture of note handed down within the family and silver and whatnot. Remember that a large fraction of what were West Germans had their origins in part of Germany and Europe were Germans were driven out in 1945 and 1946. Major cities with major wealth were heavily bombed or fought in. People left behind their fortunes and fled.

Thanks again to our Norwegian friend for the nice images.

The poster on the exchange of apprentices in wood working is also interesting. In this regard, I refer again to my HJ Heime book, which was intended for cabinet makers and expert master carpenters as a guide.

hi, great furniture you got there, the table is fantastic. ive had the chance to buy some
    furniture,but its to expensive or full of wood worm.i agree with you its stamped in ink, or pressed into the wood, or burnt on like this, my boot tool.

?

Nice Boot tool you have there, I got about 10 years ago but gave it away to my brother, last weekend he came and gave it back to me as a present.

Sorry about the quality of the pictures, the Markings has been burned into the wood.

Regards
    Lars
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ss stamping on German furnitures  
    Attached Images Attached Images ss stamping on German furnitures  ss stamping on German furnitures 

This is a cool little peice I have. It was found by me and some other guys in a bunker in Norway. I guess that it is a field made table.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ss stamping on German furnitures   ss stamping on German furnitures  

ss stamping on German furnitures   ss stamping on German furnitures  

?

Interesting piece
    Great find!

Cheers
    Lars

?

Cool table Oksnedvad_2 Definitive a period piece. Looks like it made from ammo-crates? Nice

Thanks! Lots of nice “war furniture” here. That is a nice display there Lars!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2