Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS-T marked gas mask and canister

Article about: Hi all, I haven't dabbled in equipment for quite a while, but this one popped up on the radar recently, and I couldn't help myself, so it now resides with me. I don't know if the SS name tag

Default SS-T marked gas mask and canister

Hi all,

I haven't dabbled in equipment for quite a while, but this one popped up on the radar recently, and I couldn't help myself, so
    it now resides with me. I don't know if the SS name tag is correct or not. but it does look like it has been there for a very long
    time. The canister is dated 1939.

All comments welcome, I have no problems with the mask and the canister, but not sure about the SS name tag.

Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS-T marked gas mask and canister   SS-T marked gas mask and canister  

SS-T marked gas mask and canister   SS-T marked gas mask and canister  

SS-T marked gas mask and canister   SS-T marked gas mask and canister  

SS-T marked gas mask and canister  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS-T marked gas mask and canister
    P
    Many

The Feldpostnummer doesn't correspond with SS-T, but for a Cavalry Unit, which was a part of the 9th Panzer (Heer) Division,
    unless they were detached for some reason??
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS-T marked gas mask and canister  

Here is the FE 41 (Filter Einsatz 41) filter, made by bwz (Auer Gesellschaft AG, Oranienburg.
    (as far as I know, the Fe mark on the filter stands for Ferro = Iron).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS-T marked gas mask and canister  

The bag for the spare glasses reads:

Clear Discs
    Protect from moister
    Do not wipe
    Only hold at the edges

I seem to recall this one having been discussed not too long ago --- as you pointed out, the FP# doesn't correlate to SS- Totenkopf --- the "Krakau" bit, to me, makes it even more dubious. Summed up; I like the hardware but not the tag.

At least a genuine item has not been ruined by some fraudster attempting to realize more money by adding the fake Totenkopf attribution.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by slados28 View Post
    I seem to recall this one having been discussed not too long ago --- as you pointed out, the FP# doesn't correlate to SS- Totenkopf --- the "Krakau" bit, to me, makes it even more dubious. Summed up; I like the hardware but not the tag.
    Thanks Bob & Slados, yes that paper tag was what was worrying to me, but not too much drama to get rid of it, thanks for your input guys.

Cheers

Bob

?

Could have been worse, at least the Darwin candidate didnt ruin the metal on this one with some artistic SS inscriptions.

yes.

I found the earlier thread, which was started by 'ackb', the canister was for sale with a local dealer, at a silly price, but after negotiation, it become realistic with the
    guy that bought it locally. Yeah that tag was just crapola, and will be taken off, but just wanted to be 100% before I attacked it, and yes, having an FP number followed
    by the place, and with the unit designation was way over the top

Cheers

Bob

Make the bad man go away....

'Fridrich' will no longer bother me !

Also, the size stamp on the mask itself is still visible as well, it is a mid size ' 2'.

Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS-T marked gas mask and canister   SS-T marked gas mask and canister  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast