Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS "Y" Straps.

Article about: There were specific Y straps made for early SS Cavalry and SS Musicians but probably used also by other SS branches.

?

Default SS "Y" Straps.

Hey guys, prob a dumb question.......did the SS have there own marked "Y" straps? Or did they simly use Heer? Thanks!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS "Y" Straps.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: SS "Y" Straps.

No such thing as a dumb question. I have seen Y straps for sale "for Wehrmacht & W SS" so i guess they used the same Y straps. I might be wrong though

Regards, Lars

Never seen an SS marked set. I would be wary of any marked as such.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thanks guys! I have never heard of or seen any marked SS, but I had to ask. I am looking for a nice combat set for a display.

?

Yes, they are exists as all of the SS -VT pre war items, which was properly marked with SS VA, or SS RZM markings
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Yes you can find SS marked ones as stated by Dimas they also had SS marked K98 pouches and bayonet frogs but all pre war issue

?

If you see any here in the U.S. with just runes stamped on them don't buy them. Back in the late 80's or early 90's, a "friend" of mine got an original rune stamp. He went crazy stamping everything & anything, mainly field gear. Canteen staps, Y-straps, belts, ammo pouches, etc. all got stamped. I think he even stamped a few 98k stocks.
    His favorite trick was to take some of this marked gear to gun/militaria shows and put prices on it that were higher than normal but less than what real SS stuff would be worth. He acted like he didn't know it was marked "SS" so people would buy it at his higher than normal prices thinking they were getting a great deal and putting one over on the dealer. He was the one screwing them.
    I often wonder how much of this stuff is in collections today & the owners think it is legit...

Mike

One must bear in mind the Y straps or Koppeltragegestell did not come into use until 1939. The SS-VT did not have them. They did however have a rare webbing set of suspenders of unique design.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Here are the rare SS-VT pattern webbing suspenders. Photos are these are hard to find, usually seen in France 1940. Note the shape of the buckles etc.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS "Y" Straps.  

Hello, I think you can find such markings on white equipments before the war, perhaps in 1940 but in 40 years, I never saw such markings....Too rare.
    Other thing, the Y straps appeared in 1941, too late to have markings.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast