Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Steihangrenat M24

Article about: Think that this is built up out of original parts? The capsule is dated 1936 and has been repainted and given a stencil. The handle is dated 1943. I know that the later your did not have a s

Default Steihangrenat M24

Think that this is built up out of original parts? The capsule is dated 1936 and has been repainted and given a stencil. The handle is dated 1943. I know that the later type did not have a screw on collar, but has the 1936 collar been screwed onto the later wooden handle? Would value opinions on this one. Many thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Steihangrenat M24   Steihangrenat M24  

Steihangrenat M24   Steihangrenat M24  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Steihangrenat M24
    P
    Many

Any help whatsoever would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for looking

It's been assembled from different parts. The handle is dated 1943, while the head is dated 1938. On factory-new grenades, they would be of the same year. The handle is also of a different manufacturer. The correct factory code for Richard Rinker (the 'RR' logo seen on the head) would be 'brb'.

The handle is original, but I'm not sure about the head. The warning stencil is correct for an early grenade, but it and the rest of the paint looks almost brand new. It could be original and in exceptional condition, but I'd be sceptical of anything that looks that good at 70+ years old.

Personally, I'd leave this one and wait for an example that is undeniably correct and unmessed-with.

Regards, B.B.

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    It's been assembled from different parts. The handle is dated 1943, while the head is dated 1938. On factory-new grenades, they would be of the same year. The handle is also of a different manufacturer. The correct factory code for Richard Rinker (the 'RR' logo seen on the head) would be 'brb'.

The handle is original, but I'm not sure about the head. The warning stencil is correct for an early grenade, but it and the rest of the paint looks almost brand new. It could be original and in exceptional condition, but I'd be sceptical of anything that looks that good at 70+ years old.

Personally, I'd leave this one and wait for an example that is undeniably correct and unmessed-with.

Regards, B.B.
    Many thanks for your help, I've had this a long time. The stencil is new and it's definitely been repainted. The head has a red undercoat visible. I think that the head section has been repainted and a stenciladdres added

I think you're right. A repainted head, but probably original. The detonator well being cut out lends weight to that. It's still a nice displayable piece, even if it is mismatched.

B.B.

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    I think you're right. A repainted head, but probably original. The detonator well being cut out lends weight to that. It's still a nice displayable piece, even if it is mismatched.

B.B.
    Many thanks again for your help.

Default More pictures

Quote by Bonecollector View Post
    Many thanks again for your help.
    Pictures showing red undercoat and some original paint. Any idea as the the maker of the handle? Looks like thg but I'd not clear. Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Steihangrenat M24   Steihangrenat M24  

Steihangrenat M24