Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Storz vehicle jack find

Article about: So, I was down by the sea today at a harbor construction that the german built here in Trondheim during the occupation and found something that I wanted your opinions on --- I've looked arou

Default Storz vehicle jack find

So, I was down by the sea today at a harbor construction that the german built here in Trondheim during the occupation and found something that I wanted your opinions on --- I've looked around the web and found that "Storz" vehicle jacks like this were indeed in use during ww2 but I have yet to find an actual identical match online and thereby I am missing info on this particular type...

In short; does anyone recognize this type of jack and, if so, can you say if it's "period" or not? The only marking I've found are the ones showing in the photos saying STORZ LE80

Following is a few photos of the jack and this dock area it was found -- hope someone can help

Storz vehicle jack findStorz vehicle jack findStorz vehicle jack find

Storz vehicle jack find
    Storz vehicle jack find
    Storz vehicle jack find
    Storz vehicle jack find
    Storz vehicle jack find

Storz vehicle jack find

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Storz vehicle jack find
    P
    Many

It's a period jack, they haven't made them like that for decades. These days vehicle jacks are pressed steel and normally of a scissor type. Interestingly though, the maker Storz is German, as i've owned both Audi's, Beemer's and a Porsche that have them fitted as standard.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Ahhh... good to know that it's period at least, thanks for the info! It was just sitting there behind one of the buildings in a kind of grown over area, lots of old crates and stuff from what seems to have been a small demolished building or something just sitting there in a pile --- I have to go back to see if there's anything more of interest soon

?

Nice pics,and Nice find
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Military-archeology-Legenda-Latvia/224779244335847

http://www.hobbyhistorica.com/

Thanks It's not much but at least it's indicative of more probably having been left there -- I just need to start digging around a bit. Been to that place you told me about as well but my detector ***** so bad that I more or less gave up due to it constantly picking up mineral rich stones etc.... signals everywhere, drove me nuts I'll have to go back there once I have set myself up with a better detector --