Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

STRANGE Feldflasche with Carrying- Handle, marked ESB41???

Article about: Hey mates... Some days ago i´ve got this canteen. It´s huge, takes 2 Liters of water. it looks quite much like a german WW2 canteen, but much bigger. it comes with a wooden handle so it can

I have seen a number of Third Reich military items pressed into service after the war. The first time I saw such a thing was about 15 years ago at a dealer's house. He showed me an enameled colander and asked me what was unusual about it. Take a look at the photo and you will see! I think the canteen is a post war modification to put unused canteens back into practical use. NH

STRANGE  Feldflasche with Carrying- Handle, marked ESB41???

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement STRANGE  Feldflasche with Carrying- Handle, marked ESB41???
    P
    Many

On ebay now for 99 US dollars described as a "survival" canteen. I don't buy the Luftwaffe survival canteen bit. Unless someone has evidence to the contrary I think these are post war re-use of military items made for consumer sale. NH

STRANGE  Feldflasche with Carrying- Handle, marked ESB41???

Anyway, it seems this caanteen is somewhat rare. I am glad i´ve got it, and even for a very reasoable price. The interesting thing is that even in this very sophisticated forum nobody seems to be certain about what´s the deal with this canteen... The "mystery" remains even thou many interesting theories have been expressed..

just remembered this canteen thread.. Anybody out there with new "theories" ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2