Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Super scarce coco with green cup!

Article about: These have polarized opinion for some time but the consensus is that they DID exist - and this one just sold on EBay for ......wait for it ........ TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY ONE EUROS!!! Now tha

Default Super scarce coco with green cup!

These have polarized opinion for some time but the consensus is that they DID exist - and this one just sold on EBay for ......wait for it ........ TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY ONE EUROS!!!

Now that is a dedicated / obsessive collector and a lot of moola for a feldflasche!!!
    ( Thought you would like to have a look at one )
    Cheers, Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Super scarce coco with green cup!   Super scarce coco with green cup!  

Super scarce coco with green cup!   Super scarce coco with green cup!  

" I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Super scarce coco with green cup!
    P
    Many

Default Re: Super scarce coco with green cup!

Whaaaat!.....

Didn't think plastic was used due to it being used late in the war. Something new!

It is the green cup that they paid the money for IMHO, not the canteen. These funky colours are very rare and very collectable, if they are your thing.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

And here's me thinking the orange bakelite looked strange!

Having handled FAKE black cups made of (modern) plastic in the past I would be VERY wary purchasing one of these without a hands-on inspection.A few handfuls of green or orange plastic pellets in the same machine that churns out black cups would be more than enough to make a few dozens of these green,orange or even blue cups!Anybody who's familiar with plastic injection would and could recognize a few tells by handling one of this cups alone,and "testing" it with a Gillette blade!
    Cheers

I too believe it was the green cup that was desired by the buyer. The bottle itself has an interesting mixture of materials used on straps, but that is not something unusual. All in all the coco in such condition hardly makes me want to pay more than 50 euros for it. And there's no way I'd pay 200 euros for the cup without rock solid provement of it's genuinity. But things like that occur on eBay from time to time and there are thousands of collectors out there who's experience, knowledge and spare money differ from each other like raindrop and ocean. BTW, I remember a light blue very late war enamel canteen going for around 260 euros some years ago. Around the same time the identical canteen went for only 10 euros. Someone paid a fair price for really rare bird, some other guy was just lucky. Too bad, it wasn't me

Quote by gnadenlose View Post
    I too believe it was the green cup that was desired by the buyer. The bottle itself has an interesting mixture of materials used on straps, but that is not something unusual. All in all the coco in such condition hardly makes me want to pay more than 50 euros for it. And there's no way I'd pay 200 euros for the cup without rock solid provement of it's genuinity. But things like that occur on eBay from time to time and there are thousands of collectors out there who's experience, knowledge and spare money differ from each other like raindrop and ocean. BTW, I remember a light blue very late war enamel canteen going for around 260 euros some years ago. Around the same time the identical canteen went for only 10 euros. Someone paid a fair price for really rare bird, some other guy was just lucky. Too bad, it wasn't me
    Exactly what he said!
    I forgiot to mentuion that ALL the fake black plastic cups I had examined had their dose of maker's code and all the other markings...they simply took a genuine cup and duplicated it,using a CHEAPO mold!Plastic was indeed used but it had and has a dfferent"feel" to it!
    Cheers

Here is the test ( IF you have one in hand ) - the real ones are ( 95% of them anyway ) made from bakelite. Bakelite is a 'thermo-setting resin' which means it is made from resin & filler & baked to cure and harden it. You CANNOT flex bakelite - if you deform it too far it will break. Plastic however can flex ( and slivers can be shaved off - which is the 'gillette' reference ) and that is because it is a 'thermoplastic'. Heat it and it will melt, heat bakelite and it will char but NOT melt. Having said that, late in the war the Germans DID make injection molded plastic items and this is where the debate starts ........ and gambling THAT sort of money based on a photo of a possible genuine item is for the betting man richer ( and braver ) than me!
    Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Geez now there is a dedicated collector. I got a agree with the rest of you, they paid for the cup but I just couldnt do it myself. I love the coco's but this one isnt in the best of states, certainly not worth the money. Hopefully its a good one!