Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Swedish Hot Food Carrier

Article about: Not sure where to put this on the forum, so i will try here! I recently picked up two food/liquid carriers, both are identical, only one carries the Swedish "three crowns" motif. I

Default Swedish Hot Food Carrier

Not sure where to put this on the forum, so i will try here!

I recently picked up two food/liquid carriers, both are identical, only one carries the Swedish "three crowns" motif.
    I have no idea how old they are, and cant seem to find any images on the web.

has anyone seen one before??
    any pointers greatly received.

kind regards
    Ed
    Swedish Hot Food CarrierSwedish Hot Food CarrierSwedish Hot Food CarrierSwedish Hot Food CarrierSwedish Hot Food CarrierSwedish Hot Food Carrier

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Swedish Hot Food Carrier
    P
    Many

CBH
    ?

Never seen one before, but it would make a great beer cooler!

Quote by CBH View Post
    Never seen one before, but it would make a great beer cooler!
    Ha Ha thats a great idea!

Well, i have just had a very kind email from Aron Erstorp of the army museum in stockholm identifying the carrier as a m/1944 food carrier.
    Here is his very kind reply:

" A couple of years ago we produced an exhibition called To Feed an Army. Luckily one of the objects on display was a food container like the one you have. Attached to this email you’ll find a photo of the one from our collection.

This is the catalogue text about this object:

Food container m/1944

AM 78729

When feeding in the field, the already prepared food was carried from the field kitchen and dished up in a place

suitable for the unit to eat. Sometimes it was not possible to arrange a proper food break and the food had to be

transported to the front line. Large cooking pots were heavy to carry which is why, in 1944, a new type of transportable

food container was introduced that could be carried on the back and supported by a steel pack frame. If the pot was preheated before pouring the boiling hot food into it, the insulating outer covers could keep the food warm for approximately

14 hours.

Best Regards

Aron Erstorp

Intendent

Armémuseum"