Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Swiss shovel?

Article about: Hello, Last week i bought a swiss shovel from a friend as a german shovel. but i later found out it is a swiss one. my question is did the germans juse swiss shovel etc in the war? or would

Default Swiss shovel?

Hello,

Last week i bought a swiss shovel from a friend as a german shovel. but i later found out it is a swiss one. my question is did the germans juse swiss shovel etc in the war?
    or would it be false to put the shovel on my mannequin and so should i just re sell it?

Henk1800

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Swiss shovel?
    P
    Many

The only real difference between them is the steel reinforcement ring around the shaft...
    Glenn

Last year I also bought a Swiss shovel as a German one, I was very disappointed and angry. They only go for about $20 and would be a hard resale since Swiss items aren't very collectible. I f you cant return it, I would just keep it to use in the yard or you could use it for display.

Thanks for the reply. Im just gonna put it om my heer mannequin until a right german shovel comes along. I paid 50 for the shovel. A price that doesnt hurt too bad if i can ever sell it for 20-30

Keep it. Get a more appropriate shovel for your display and replace the Swiss one when you can. I would keep the Swiss shovel for use around the house. No kidding! I have used mine to whack ice off the patio, dig small holes and remove bushes and branches. Very useful. NH

CBH
    ?

I have a Dutch folding shovel , that I bought it thinking it might be WWII . But I love it and find it very useful .

Look for German WW2 shovels folded ears, seven to nine rivets welded some will have a manf mark or date orWaa stamp often is weak and worn on blades enclosed is two examples of a straight handled and folding shovel there are captured and used other country shovels that will differ from German Manf that is a whole other topic hope this helps. timothy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Swiss shovel?   Swiss shovel?  

Swiss shovel?   Swiss shovel?  

Swiss shovel?   Swiss shovel?  

Swiss shovel?  

?

Quote by timothy View Post
    Look for German WW2 shovels folded ears, seven to nine rivets welded some will have a manf mark or date orWaa stamp often is weak and worn on blades enclosed is two examples of a straight handled and folding shovel there are captured and used other country shovels that will differ from German Manf that is a whole other topic hope this helps. timothy
    Timothy.. Any knowledge on RAD "Spaten"s ?? G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Hello Gwar wish I still had one to show you the only one I owned was a long shovel with T handle square blade and RAD marked with spade and Manf logo I have seen some same type construction without marks have heard of ones even RZM marked haven't seen one these used to be quite common but are now hard to find and bringing high prices. timothy

?

Your' not kidding... $300.00-400.00 U.S.D. Thanks....G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "