Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

T.s.f.1 periscope

Article about: Here is a small periscope type optic from the German Occupation of Jersey. As yet I have been unable to find out what it went on or how it was used. Are any of the Forum's members "into

Default T.s.f.1 periscope

Here is a small periscope type optic from the German Occupation of Jersey. As yet I have been unable to find out what it went on or how it was used. Are any of the Forum's members "into" German optics and know how this item was utilised.
    All the best from Jersey,
    D
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture T.s.f.1 periscope   T.s.f.1 periscope  

T.s.f.1 periscope   T.s.f.1 periscope  

T.s.f.1 periscope  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement T.s.f.1 periscope
    P
    Many

Hi D, you did well, it is a tank observation periscope used in the turret of Pz III observation tanks etc

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi Ade,
    In that case I have no idea how it came to be here as we certainly did not have any Pz III's. I know of one other as well over here so perhaps they were used with another application as well. But I am more thn ready to go with the Pz III line as well.
    Always there coming up trumps, well done Ade.
    D

I bet it had more than one application too.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Ahhh, to live on a beautiful small island with WWII German artifacts everywhere...

Observation is he key word..as this could of been used in multiple applications. One such view would be from a trench..or a window sill...over a large rock or concrete wall. I also believe that certain parts may have been brought to the island for just such reasons..and bring whole vehicles with them in it. Neat item and nice find. Regards larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hi Larboard,
    Your right it is a beautiful small Island, nine miles by five in fact. On a really nice hot sunny day there is no better place to be. But the WW.2 German artefacts are not everywhere like they used to be. Now its a bit like a needle in a haystack.
    All the best,
    D

great find.

great find.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Quote by JERSEY 34 View Post
    WW.2 German artefacts are not everywhere like they used to be. Now its a bit like a needle in a haystack.
    All the best,
    D
    There are still some hidden gems to be had