Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

on these Dienstglass binos!!!!

Article about: By the way the color indicates that the binos were used from DAK?

Default Re: on these Dienstglass binos!!!!

By the way the color indicates that the binos were used from DAK?
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement on these Dienstglass binos!!!!
    P
    Many

?

Not strictly true, they were issued in this colour to various units not necessarily connected to the DAK or tropical areas, they were a standard issue item, even ,SS units used them in this colour.

Quote by davejb View Post
    Not strictly true, they were issued in this colour to various units not necessarily connected to the DAK or tropical areas, they were a standard issue item, even ,SS units used them in this colour.
    Thanks for the info Dave. I sure like this color more than the often seen black one

Ordnance tan coloured ones are often seen as more desirable too. Dave is correct, no DAK connection.

Cheers, Ade.

Thank you too for your input Ade

By the way, i've found out about the swastikas. I asked the collector who sold me these, he lives in Germany and he said that this piece has never been out of the country. He got them directly from the vets house. The swastikas were scratched on the metal by the German soldier. It was good to know as it solved the mystery Even though sometimes it's nice to have alternative thoughts, stories and possibilities. It makes things more exciting!

Hi Chris, thanks for the update. That is surprising, but if they are coming out of Germany, and not Britain or the USA, it must be true. Interesting.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by donkihotis7 View Post
    By the way, i've found out about the swastikas. I asked the collector who sold me these, he lives in Germany and he said that this piece has never been out of the country. He got them directly from the vets house. The swastikas were scratched on the metal by the German soldier. It was good to know as it solved the mystery Even though sometimes it's nice to have alternative thoughts, stories and possibilities. It makes things more exciting!
    Buy the item,not the story!Are you 100% sure they never left Germany?Are you 100% sure they come directly from the "vet"?Any chance to ask about these dienstglas to the former owner?German seller think they can say anything about any German item,even when the item is post-war and sold as "period"...and with a very interesting stories of BW boots worn by the soldier returning from Russia....eBay.De is chockfull of "Opas nachlass" here and "Opas nachlass" there!
    Cheers
    Manny
    Again....buy the item,not the story!
    Cheers
    Manny

Lol i did Manny. I liked the binos and when i had confirmation here that they were originals i got them. The story of the swas mpla mpla are just the side dish not the main.
    Cheers, Chris.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2