Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thoughts on German (?) Boots

Article about: Hi guys. I picked up these recently and got the story that they were german and that they were brought back by a US visitor of the Olympics in 1936. Thoughts?

Default Thoughts on German (?) Boots

Hi guys. I picked up these recently and got the story that they were german and that they were brought back by a US visitor of the Olympics in 1936. Thoughts?

Thoughts on German (?) BootsThoughts on German (?) BootsThoughts on German (?) BootsThoughts on German (?) BootsThoughts on German (?) BootsThoughts on German (?) BootsThoughts on German (?) Boots

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Thoughts on German (?) Boots
    P
    Many

These are men's riding boots, whether German or not I can't say, the design is still used today, and they show little or no sign of wear at all. The size also says 7 1/2, as in the British/American sizes as averse to the continental European size 42. As for the story, well......, who knows??

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Here is a similar pair of riding boots. They have European size markings and are identified as Helix brand. I have no idea if they are TR era (the consensus here was probably not) but they make a nice addition to a display. Your set seems to be post war as well - no idea on origin but not marked with European shoe size as stated. NH

Thoughts on German (?) BootsThoughts on German (?) BootsThoughts on German (?) Boots

Lightbulb

Quote by Neil Hever View Post
    Your set seems to be post war as well -
    Thanks to studying previous topics on the Forum closely, I have discovered that the area of German boot collecting is quite a little minefield. I'm no expert but my knowledge is increasing and I have now handled a number of different boots - and I have to say that as soon as I looked at the photos my first thought was that they look post-WWII....... ( and just to make things more difficult, Helix are still going strong today ).

Thanks Martin. I do think my pair is post war. I'm not surprised to hear Helix is still in business. So is Continental - the manufacturer of the rubber heel on my pair! The pair in the original post are very similar but have no markings. As others on this forum have said "buy the item, not the story." NH

How about e-mailing your photos to Helix and asking them for information on this particular style boot?
    Yours are much better than the East German boots I've got, lol...
    cheers, Glenn

Glenn, Do you think Helix would get back to me? The pair I have are marked with some kind of award logo from 1937. I can only find importers of Helix on the web - not the parent company. NH

Here's the Helix Schuhfabrik GMBH email: helix-shoes.de
    I think it's worth a shot...Other members have contacted various firms in the past and received responses, and asking is free!
    cheers, Glenn

Thanks Glenn - message sent! NH

Quote by Neil Hever View Post
    Thanks Glenn - message sent! NH
    What was your response received from Helix company ??? I suspect trying to get them without an answer ... I have Helis riding boots connoisseurs gran prix 1937 with Continental Fifth and Triumph hobnailed and I got them as a gift ... Boots are like new.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast