Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Tornister 41...any thoughts?

Article about: And just to give an idea of what JP means, here a (non fur) M39 Tornister with A frame attached Tom MP44.nl - Welcome to my Website

Default Re: Tornister 41...any thoughts?

And just to give an idea of what JP means, here a (non fur) M39 Tornister with A frame attached

Tom
    MP44.nl - Welcome to my Website

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Tornister 41...any thoughts?
    P
    Many

?

yes, thanks for the advice...
    not only why, but also when, what, and who?
    for expml., I was wondering what to fill my tornister, if I do win it...so, I've found this:
    quite a lot of stuff actually...

Quote by Horrido View Post
    And while you're at it try to focus on the details other fellow collectors focus on and ask yourself "why"..it'll be very useful!
    Cheers
    P.S.; hope you'll win because it's quite nice!

In France, the price is 40 - 60 €. I see one at 55 € on a French Militaria site, nobody wannt it because we have all this one or two Tornisters...

?

THX Tom, this 1942 mess kit is also on its way to me...should arrive any day.
    'will need original strap for it...I'm on a lookout for that next.

Quote by MP44tom View Post
    And just to give an idea of what JP means, here a (non fur) M39 Tornister with A frame attached

Tom

Quote by Fabe View Post
    yes, thanks for the advice...
    not only why, but also when, what, and who?
    for expml., I was wondering what to fill my tornister, if I do win it...so, I've found this:
    quite a lot of stuff actually...

Hello,
    What you show here is a M34 Tornister...with messkit pocket and messkit....contents are not the same in both Tornister.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

This is one I bought a year or so ago from an Austrian seller ( not Vine Louse; the 3 detail shots are from Fleabay ); it appears to be unmarked except for the 42 stamped into the top leather. I can understand not wanting to "collect" these - just WHAT do you do with them? ( As you can see by the last photo, I attached it to my Y straps along with my rolled Zelt. ) I remember seeing what seemed to be STACKS of these things at gun shows in the 70's and 80's well-before I became interested in German field gear, and wondered then at their survival rate. Could any of these be Swedish, Swiss, or anything BUT German? Since there's NO RBN or Waffenamt stamps on mine ( nor apparantly the one at the start of this thread ), I'm doubly worried/curious. Any thoughts or information on this, or as to why so many survive in such respectable condition?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tornister 41...any thoughts?   Tornister 41...any thoughts?  

Tornister 41...any thoughts?   Tornister 41...any thoughts?  

Quote by James N View Post
    Since there's NO RBN or Waffenamt stamps on mine ( nor apparantly the one at the start of this thread ), I'm doubly worried/curious.
    You should not worry about the WaA or RbNr missing, the vast majority of Affes are without them.

Hi James, it is fine. You have nothing to worry about.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi

I can't remember ever seeing a WaffenAmt stamp on a Tornister.... and no maker mark is also pretty common (on late ones)

Tom

Hi Tom, I would agree with your observations from what I have seen too.

Cheers, Ade.

PS: Nice to have you here.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast