Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tornister - E. Luneschloss 1939

Article about: Like buses, you wait for one and then three turn up at once.... Just found another advert for them, this time from 1943. Cheers, Ade.

Default Tornister - E. Luneschloss 1939

Hi, got this today and would just like to show and maybe get some comments. Can anyone tell me more about this maker because every time I google it I get a P. Luneschloss who made blades. The only other one I found was a strap marked E.W.Luneschloss. Also the three pronged swastika is a bit confusing.
    Regards Tom
    PS - Please excuse the quality of some of the photos, but taken at different times with different cameras.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tornister - E. Luneschloss 1939   Tornister - E. Luneschloss 1939  

Tornister - E. Luneschloss 1939   Tornister - E. Luneschloss 1939  

Tornister - E. Luneschloss 1939   Tornister - E. Luneschloss 1939  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Tornister - E. Luneschloss 1939
    P
    Many

Default Re: Tornister - E. Luneschloss 1939

Hi Tom, looks fine. I am 99% certain I have seen this marking before.

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks Ade. I would like to know more about the swastika marking. Someone told me it was the early form of swastika used, but I can find no corroborating info. Regards Tom

Hi Tom, this form of swastika was know as the Trifos. But that is all I can tell you.

By the way, the odds are that the maker of this pack was related in some way to the "PD Luneschloss" of dagger making fame.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Ade. Thanks a lot mate. I think you may be right about the makers being related as they are both listed as being from Solingen. I think the same applies to E.W Luneschloss.
    Regards Tom

?

Hi Tom

I think that I may be able to shed a bit more light on this ruck' for you.
    If I have got my facts right, and from a quick glance through a couple of my reference books, I believe they are, I believe that you have a:

M1934 pack, (Tornister 34), with integral shoulder straps.
    (Ref: Osprey Men-At-Arms No 234: German Combat Equipments 1939-45 by Rottmann & Volstad)

As regards the Trifos, the only reference that I can find to it, is in its use a collar patch for 27. SS-Frei-Gren-Div "Langemark" and its predesessing units of Flemish volunteer units "Nordwest" and "Flandern"so what its significance is in this relationship, I havent got a clue!
    (Ref: Waffen-SS Uniforms & Insignia by Krawczyk & Lukacs)

Hope that this is of some use.

Ian

Thanks Ian! I also have had no joy in finding out more about the Trifos other than its connection to religious matters. Well we'll keep trying.
    Tom

Putting this one to bed. Here is the makers advert. Note the "Hooked Star" trademark.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tornister - E. Luneschloss 1939   Tornister - E. Luneschloss 1939  

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Good work Ade! Thanks for the info.
    Tom

Thanks Tom. My pleasure.

Just for interest, here is their advert from 1938. The previous two were earlier.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tornister - E. Luneschloss 1939  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast