Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tornister Pack?

Article about: Good evening all, As some of you may recall, I made an ill-advised transaction with a certain 'Pawel Nowak' some months ago: Ignorant slut that I am - I went ahead and sent him a wire transf

Default Tornister Pack?

Good evening all,

As some of you may recall, I made an ill-advised transaction with a certain 'Pawel Nowak' some months ago: Ignorant slut that I am - I went ahead and sent him a wire transfer to a European bank in order to pay for a FJ helmet.
    I was rapidly disabused of my naivete by members of this forum when I sought validation of my purchase, and was told NEVER to deal with this all-round skinflute and notorious peddler of oriental tat ever again.
    Fast-forward two months and I thought I would share what turned up at my doorstep in lieu of the expected FJ helmet; along with a sackfull of dubious excuses in email correspondance, naturally. I have posted the Luftwaffe trophelm/sunhat type thingy in a separate forum, likewise the M43 type cap.
    This tornister pack may be the 'diamond in the rough' (or red-herring depending on how you feel) that stands out from the rest.
    It has markings reading 'ADDOPER LEDERFABRIK KITZINGEN'? on the two detachable straps, a couple of field-repair re-stitches. The stamp 'KZL 42', some sort of factory marking heat stamp on the buckles, the faded penned name 'Rittger'?
    So, for your validation…

Tornister Pack?Tornister Pack?Tornister Pack?Tornister Pack?Tornister Pack?Tornister Pack?Tornister Pack?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Tornister Pack?
    P
    Many

?

Exclamation

Well, at least you got a good tornister out of the deal.
    Yep, Nowak is a lying sack of Sh--!!!
    I have put warnings about him on at least a dozen different boards over the years.
    I made a serious effort to find the SOB, but always ran in to dead ends. But, who knows, some day maby! I go to Europa periodicly and have many friends over there so someday my efforts may pay off.
    Sarge

The pack is original.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hello,
    This is a Tornister 39 with replaced carrying straps.
    Two versions of the Tornister 39 were produced :

- with small leather tabs instead of carrying straps for Infanterie

- with carrying straps for the branches of service not equipped with the Y-straps...

If your example was produced with carrying straps in 1942, all fittings should be made of steel, not aluminium...(looks like aluminium to me on the photos)
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Thanks all, as ever, for the confirmation. I'll try an research the factory stamp Jphilip, as this might provide some sort of clue.
    Thanks again!

Seems odd that anything would be sent at all - especially
    if it was a Helmet you were expecting. I don't know
    what I'd do in a case like this. Likely try Postal
    fraud.........
    Regards,

Steve.

A good Tornister pack as stated. Looks to be all intact. Is it missing the button on the interior pocket flap? Cowhide seems to be in good shape. As a consolation this is worth something - around $150 in the US. NH

Yes Steve, I know where you are coming from. But shortly after hearing of Nowak's notoriety among members of this forum I have resigned myself to taking this one 'on the chin', so to speak. Like I said - I'm learning fast in this hobby.
    All the best!

Quote by Neil Hever View Post
    A good Tornister pack as stated. Looks to be all intact. Is it missing the button on the interior pocket flap? Cowhide seems to be in good shape. As a consolation this is worth something - around $150 in the US. NH
    Thanks Neil,
    Yes, this one's definitely a keeper. And yes the central button is indeed missing.
    Warm regards!

?

I'm glad to hear that your endeavor did not turn out to be a total bust Mr Sykes.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast