Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

"Trench" heater

Article about: Okay, So.. I am going to be getting this heater sometime soon with my next package from my friend in the EU. I was wondering how does this look? repainted? or original paint? Also what was t

Default "Trench" heater

Okay,

So.. I am going to be getting this heater sometime soon with my next package from my friend in the EU. I was wondering how does this look? repainted? or original paint? Also what was the exact purpose of this heater? for a Kubelwagen to keep the engine warm in winter when not in use? or keep the inside warm?

What kind of fuel does it take, normal lamp fuel?

And if there is any other information you lads have feel free to drop it down below!

Thanks as always

"Trench" heater"Trench" heater"Trench" heater"Trench" heater"Trench" heater"Trench" heater"Trench" heater"Trench" heater"Trench" heater"Trench" heater"Trench" heater"Trench" heater"Trench" heater

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement "Trench" heater
    P
    Many

Looks like original paint. Just to be safe, I would suggest using regular oil lamp oil-the colored scented stuff you can buy in the stores for table lamps. I would not use Coleman or white gas or anything super flammable. An interesting item-a shame that the flame spreader is missing half it's flare, but it likely was lost many years ago. These little heaters were used for many different purposes.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I appreciate the quick response! How much do they normally sell for?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Looks like original paint. Just to be safe, I would suggest using regular oil lamp oil-the colored scented stuff you can buy in the stores for table lamps. I would not use Coleman or white gas or anything super flammable. An interesting item-a shame that the flame spreader is missing half it's flare, but it likely was lost many years ago. These little heaters were used for many different purposes.

Considering condition, etc....they're out there-usually in the hundred dollar range.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."