Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Two 13mm MG131 ammo boxes

Article about: Hi all, just wanted to present you these two MG131 ammo boxes I got for really cheap. I paid 20€ for both boxes+20€ shipping since they aren't the smallest. I gave one to a friend so I only

Default Two 13mm MG131 ammo boxes

Hi all,
    just wanted to present you these two MG131 ammo boxes I got for really cheap.
    I paid 20€ for both boxes+20€ shipping since they aren't the smallest.
    I gave one to a friend so I only have better pics of the black one.
    What's interesting is that the black one has a Luftwaffe eagle stencilled on the lid which I have never seen before.
    It is definitely original though, because they came straight from a barn and were very dirty when I got them, also the holes from wood worms are also in places where the white paint is.
    The paint has also yellowed with age.
    The tan box is dated 1940 whereas the black one only has a Luftwaffe acceptance stamp.
    There's also some manufacturing differences between the two boxes, the black one has metal reinforcements on the corners whereas the tan one doesn't, also the metal thing holding the rope together is made of aluminium on the black one and steel on the tan one.
    The tan box also has the 13mm marking on just one side, the black box has it on both.
    Though the tan box still has the "Luftwaffen-Munition Gesamtgewicht 48kg" (Luftwaffe-Ammunition total weight 48kg) marking on the side.

The labels on the black one are reproductions I added myself, though they look just like the real ones.

I treated them with natural linseed oil to preserve the wood and also to make them look nicer.

I'd like to hear what you think of these boxes.
    Luis
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Two 13mm MG131 ammo boxes   Two 13mm MG131 ammo boxes  

Two 13mm MG131 ammo boxes   Two 13mm MG131 ammo boxes  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Two 13mm MG131 ammo boxes
    P
    Many

More pictures
    (you can see what it looks like after the linseed oil treatment in the pictures where you can just see the black box, the other pictures are after cleaning it with a wet cloth)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Two 13mm MG131 ammo boxes   Two 13mm MG131 ammo boxes  

Two 13mm MG131 ammo boxes  

I like the with the early eagle on it
    Cool boxes
    BR
    Bavarian