Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Umbral Carl Zeiss, Jena sunglasses in the case

Article about: Something I thought you might like to see, nothing to exotic but scarce I imagine today in this condition. A pair of Umbral, Carl Zeiss, Jena sunglasses in the metal case with the spare ear

Default Umbral Carl Zeiss, Jena sunglasses in the case

Something I thought you might like to see, nothing to exotic but scarce I imagine today in this condition. A pair of Umbral, Carl Zeiss, Jena sunglasses in the metal case with the spare ear tapes still in the cellophabne packet with fitting instructions. These are a favourite as there cannot have been too many of these that survived the war intact.
    Hope you like them.
    All the best from Jersey.
    D.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Umbral Carl Zeiss, Jena sunglasses in the case   Umbral Carl Zeiss, Jena sunglasses in the case  

Umbral Carl Zeiss, Jena sunglasses in the case   Umbral Carl Zeiss, Jena sunglasses in the case  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Umbral Carl Zeiss, Jena sunglasses in the case
    P
    Many

Aren't those referred to as the Channel Goggles used by Luft Pilots and KM operating in water to keep the glare out of their eyes. I just looked at a period picture I think it could have been here on one of the threads of KM on a E boat wearing them somewhere in the Channel. I have a pair in a grey type tin posted them a long time ago somewhere and got a lot of responses of how rare they were some one said they are featured in Luft VS RAF as Luft survival channel goggles I don't have the book so I don't know. I think they are harder to come by than one might think anyway good condition nice pair of them. timothy

Nice pair of glasses,first time i have seen them,thanks for posting. Here is a photo of channel sun glasses from Prodgers book......Dave H
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Umbral Carl Zeiss, Jena sunglasses in the case   Umbral Carl Zeiss, Jena sunglasses in the case  

Interesting item which i havn't seen before, thanks for posting!..

sun
    ?

Default I have same sunglasses

Hi
    This is my 1st post
    I have had these sunglasses for 8 yrs.
    Bought them from a charity car-boot
    Research has led me here.
    Great to discover their make/model age etc.

I wonder would they sell on ebay or is there an option here to sell.

Hope its ok to ask that question.
    They would be special for a collector

I am getting rid of unwanted possessions.

Maybe there is an interest.

Umbral Carl Zeiss, Jena sunglasses in the case   Umbral Carl Zeiss, Jena sunglasses in the case