Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Unknown Pistol Holster + Cleaning Kit ?

Article about: Hello Gentlemen, This leather Pistol Holster & Cleaning kit is being offered locally, unfortunately I've only this picture.I had hoped it's German WW2 - looked the holster over couldn't

?

Default Unknown Pistol Holster + Cleaning Kit ?

Hello Gentlemen,
    This leather Pistol Holster & Cleaning kit is being offered locally, unfortunately I've only this picture.I had hoped it's German WW2 - looked the holster over couldn't find any markings, perhaps I'm looking in wrong place, cleaning kit has numbers stamped on the bottom, but nothing linking it to WW2 Germany. Could members say if its German or not and from WW2 period or not. Any information appreciated.
    Many Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images Unknown Pistol Holster + Cleaning Kit ? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unknown Pistol Holster + Cleaning Kit ?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Unknown Pistol Holster + Cleaning Kit ?

The cleaning kit looks German,what are the numbers stamped on it ?
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

The cleaning kit is for the Mauser K98, but i'm not sure about the pouch.

Nice wartime German holster and cleaning kit

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by colletorww2 View Post
    The cleaning kit is for the Mauser K98, but i'm not sure about the pouch.
    both look like original german WWII items.
    The RG34 (cleaning kit) was not meant for the K98k only, but for all small weapons, like the P08, P38, MP40...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

Thanks everyone for your posts. I did have another look at the holster still unable to find any markings. Zwerge - on the bottom of the cleaning kit case is stamped - 6438 - smaller number stamped 64 -tiny stamped WA/20 - On the case top is stamped large
    P 7337 do the numbers mean anything to anyone, can
    k
    anyone identify which pistol the holster was made for? and what they normally retail for.
    Best wishes

?

Hi, the WaA20 would be the inspectors mark and the 64 would mean Gustav Appel,the maker,it is probably an early kit as they changed to cnx marking later.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

Holster looks like Ersatz made PPK from period but these came in red-brown colour rather than black. Any chance for better pics?

It`s a 7.65mm caliber pistol holster for the Sauer M38(H)

Later in the war the military standard issue pistols such as the p08 and the 38 became a shortage...
    The German military then ordered/started contracting with other factories that originally produced
    commercial and police pistols/weapons that would now be used in the field by the army...
    The result was that lots of different holsters and pistols were issued to the armed forces...
    various Sauer, Mauser and Walther 7.65mm caliber pistols, but these weapons were issued in small numbers...

O, and I might add that private purchased pistols and holsters also were in some cases allowed to a soldier for use in the field.

If the right markings, the holsters are sometimes more valuable than the pistols themselves...

Nice, items ...
    Last edited by oksnevad_2; 05-15-2010 at 05:09 PM.

?

Hello Rob, Leander,
    Thanks for your posts.

Rob,
    Afraid its not possible at the moment to post further pictures, the holster was auctioned off over a month ago. However it was purchased by a member of my military collectors club. If he shows up with it, I'll certainly take more pictures.

Leander,
    Found your detailed information most interesting, could you elaborate on the holster markings, if the above club member does show up with the holster, I can look out for them.
    Best Wishes