Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unmarked 6x30 Binos

Article about: Hi Guys, no pic available, but bear with me. I have now seen, albeit a couple of years apart, two pairs of 6x30 binos. Both were in dunklegelb paint which was original factory applied. They

Default Unmarked 6x30 Binos

Hi Guys, no pic available, but bear with me.

I have now seen, albeit a couple of years apart, two pairs of 6x30 binos. Both were in dunklegelb paint which was original factory applied. They were COMPLETELY unmarked bar "6x30" on the right side. No other markings of any kind, no waffenampts, makers marks, filling marks, etc, but they were to all appearances WW2 German 6x30's. They did not have the usual sight graduation marks on the lens like a normal Dienstglas.

Any ideas as to what they are? Early postwar production? Wartime Civillian?

One pair came in a wartime style case with the spring loaded catch dated 44 with a three letter makers code.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unmarked 6x30 Binos
    P
    Many

Hi! binos, which were dark yellow or sand, were produced from 1943. So the color was called "Einheitsfarbe 43". Some collectors think, that these binos were produced for desert or tropics, but its not true. I also saw an Eihandgranate 39 with this color some years ago. The seller told me, they were made for Volkssturm. Regards

Yes, that is correct. 1943 onwards.

I really want to know the story behind these unmarked examples.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hmmm maybe they are faked.

Not fake, that much I do know.

What condition were they in Ade ? Usually see wear
    on these to some degree, especially on the body
    and the objective lens covers.
    Would be interesting to know if they come
    from one producer.........
    Regards,

Steve.

The first pair I saw a few years ago at a show. They were priced at £30 and were well used with worn paint. They were uncased. I "ummed and arred" about buying them and later went back to the stall with a friend so he could look. They had sold...

The second pair are mint and cased.

Cheers, Ade.

Any thoughts?

I believe these to assembled in the early postwar years from wartime parts.

Cheers, Ade.

?

I have a pair exactly like this Ade, in fact you,ve seen them on a dig,i got mine out of a charity shop for £4.00, I took them to Odessey , and found the guy who sells nothing but Bino,s, he said they were definately War time period and the maker was Voitlander, apparently they were very rarely marked, except for 6x30, the optics on mine are exceptional, crystal clear without graduation marks

They dropped the grid on the last wartime models, odd that they would be mostly completely unmarked but not impossible. I would think anything actually manufactured post war would be marked.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast