Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Waffen SS Gas mask

Article about: Hi,what do you think about this "probably" Waffen SS canister and mask,it was found many years ago in France.No feldpost number on it,only the soldier rank and name,it's 1942 dated

Default Waffen SS Gas mask

Waffen SS Gas maskWaffen SS Gas mask
    Hi,what do you think about this "probably" Waffen SS canister and mask,it was found many years ago in France.No feldpost number on it,only the soldier rank and name,it's 1942 dated.
    Thanks for your help.
    Laurent.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen SS Gas mask
    P
    Many

?

I believe that it is yet another poor attempt to dress up an item, in order to obtain more money due to the fact it has an SS connection. Frankly, the label is pathetic and would certainly not have survived to the extent it appears, given the condition of the can.

Yeah... that label looks fresh off of the printers press, now compare that to the condition of the canister and mask ---- no good. Not that it wouldn't exist but that name also sounds like something one would concoct up in a hurry. He's a man (Mann) in the SS (SS), first name rhymes with last---sort of Kind of funny how it sounds spoken out loud.

I vote BAD.

CBH
    ?

I've said it before , " if someone put SS runes on a dog shit , someone would buy it "

Thanks CBH,even I've not buy it,I would can sell it without tag as a good WH GM Canister?

German grammar has strict rules, and even minor-looking deviations raise red flags immediately to a German speaker...SS Mann, not ss mann...and Knochlein was the last name of a known SS War-Criminal...This is enough to convince me that the name-tag is an embellishment meant to deceive...
    cheers,Glenn
    Last edited by bigmacglenn; 05-23-2015 at 07:11 PM.

Fritz Knochlein,Le Paradis massacre 1940.hung after the war.

Thanks, Harry...Yes, the name instantly rang a bell with me...
    cheers, Glenn

CBH
    ?

Quote by THUNDERBIRDS1965 View Post
    Thanks CBH,even I've not buy it,I would can sell it without tag as a good WH GM Canister?
    Oh I didn't mean it that way , I'm glad you didn't buy it as SS . But SS is just $$ in many buyers and sellers eyes . This does rise the question , were there SS marked Gas masks ?

SS marked pretty much everything from toothpaste to bullets. I would imagine that if it were SS material issue, then it would have some sort of markings to indicate it as such, rather than a hand made sticky label.This crude labeling attempt is just a rip off. Peal it off and you'd have a nice gas mask set.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast