Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

War period Binoculars?

Article about: I picked up this binocular today, as I spotted it in a box at my mates house. I saw the three letter code blc on it, and thought they could well be war period. I paid my mate 20 euros for it

Default War period Binoculars?

I picked up this binocular today, as I spotted it in a box at my mates house. I saw the three letter code blc on it, and thought they could well be war period.
    I paid my mate 20 euros for it. The only thing that worries me is that it is not marked as Dienstglas. No WaA marks, no eagle, the only thing is the letter code and that it is a military binocular with grades on the lenses.
    It also has a bakelite clip on it, what seems to be (after doing some research) for a protection cap. On the clip there are the same type of bakelite numbers you would find on other German field gear.
    So what did I buy? Is it war period, or is it post war era? Did they continue the three letter code after the war?
    I know its a Carl Zeiss, and the code blc comes up as 1941, but why would it not be marked as a Dienstglas if it is war period?
    Last thing, it has the soft rubber eye pieces for use with gasmask.
    Thanks for any input!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture War period Binoculars?   War period Binoculars?  

War period Binoculars?   War period Binoculars?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement War period Binoculars?
    P
    Many

Default Re: War period Binoculars?

Hi

can't go wrong for 20 euro either way. they may be civilian but I'm no expert on binoc markings. Good find at that price.

Here's hoping for ya !

cheers

Tony

Cant help other than saying despite not having Dienstglas on them, the graticule is a good indicator of military use.
    Not all army ones had them but I don't believe any civvy ones did!

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

I would of thought the blc code was a pretty good indicator of German WW2 origin.

To me they indeed look like WW2-ish binos.
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

I would agree with all of the above, (below).
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Genuine wartime Zeiss 7x50 bino's. Military, of course. A shame that their original body coating is gone, but still more than worth the price and then some. Are the optics clear or any fungus?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thanks for all the information, I feel much better with it now, knowing they are original war period.
    Yes the optics are very clear, with minor dust spots. The body coating isn't really that bad, I think the camera flash makes it look much worse than it is.

A very good buy for 20 Euros, well done!

Ww2 zeiss as already indicated these would be mostly issued to navy most probably shore batteries,they are the gas mask variety hence the retractable rubber eye cups,if there is no chipping to the prisms,in answer to your other question,no after the war zeiss dropped the three letter codes, a superb buy for 20 euros,worth 200 euros at least, nice find