Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Wasserkanister and Early Pattern Wehrmacht Kanister

Article about: Good afternoon gents, just thought I would share a few photographs of 2 of my cans with you all. On the left is a rare, early "X" pattern Wehrmacht 20L can from Muller of Schwelm.

?

Default Wasserkanister and Early Pattern Wehrmacht Kanister

Good afternoon gents, just thought I would share a few photographs of 2 of my cans with you all. On the left is a rare, early "X" pattern Wehrmacht 20L can from Muller of Schwelm. This model was produced from 1937-1941 and this example, a 1939 155 series model, was made at the first manufacturing location. The second item is a rare Wasserkanister with most of it's original [I]FELDGRAU paint present. This can was made at the ABP (AMBI-BUDD Presswerk, Berlin) in 1942 and is from batch 89. Some of the original white painted cross used to designate water cans is still visible.

Regards
    Carl[/
    I]
    Last edited by CARL; 08-20-2011 at 10:42 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wasserkanister and Early Pattern Wehrmacht Kanister
    P
    Many

Default Re: Wasserkanister and Early Pattern Wehrmacht Kanister

Hi Carl,
    Great looking Kannisters! - I have 7 of them in grey & tan but no wasser ones. Thanks for showing yours.
    ( frustrating when you post and get no responses isn't it?)
    Dan

?

I would agree on both points gentlemen they are very nice cans and extremley hard to come buy in North America I myself see them come up for sale on Ebay once and a while but 99% of the time they are in Europe not your average vet bring back .The only thing that would compliment one of these cans more would be a vehicle mounting bracket. I have a U.S one mounted to the back of my 1979 Jeep Wagoneer for the U.S variation of this can

Regards Mark K

Nice cans Carl. I have the same two as you. I always liked them and think they are a true Icon of that period that has lasted to this day.

Martin

?

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Hi Carl,
    Great looking Kannisters! - I have 7 of them in grey & tan but no wasser ones. Thanks for showing yours.
    ( frustrating when you post and get no responses isn't it?)
    Dan
    Thanks Dan,

I agree, no replies can be frustrating...especially if you're hoping for some help with authentication! Generally though, things are very good on here. Always good to receive kind comments such as yours. I have a few more kanisters back in the U.K. (I'm in Prague) so if you ever want to add a wasserkanister to your collection let me know, I have very little spare room nowadays so one or two kanisters leaving the nest wouldn't hurt so much.

Regards

Carl

?

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    I would agree on both points gentlemen they are very nice cans and extremley hard to come buy in North America I myself see them come up for sale on Ebay once and a while but 99% of the time they are in Europe not your average vet bring back .The only thing that would compliment one of these cans more would be a vehicle mounting bracket. I have a U.S one mounted to the back of my 1979 Jeep Wagoneer for the U.S variation of this can

Regards Mark K
    Thank you Mark,

I agree with you...not many vets could drag one of those cans back to the States after the war...imagine it! If I ever see a mounting bracket I will point you in the right direction.

Regards

Carl

?

Quote by mauser98k View Post
    Nice cans Carl. I have the same two as you. I always liked them and think they are a true Icon of that period that has lasted to this day.

Martin
    Cheers Martin,

They are very good display pieces I agree. I have a few others in addition to those in the photos, good to hear you appreciate them likewise!

Regards

Carl