Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Water Bottle Base marking

Article about: Gents One of interest for you, I dont know as I am a newbie to equipment. I have seen this on the base of a water bottle it says "Aluminium pur Menesa" dont know if its an original

Default Water Bottle Base marking

Gents

One of interest for you, I dont know as I am a newbie to equipment. I have seen this on the base of a water bottle it says "Aluminium pur Menesa" dont know if its an original marking but I found a site which says these were made by Metallindustrie GmbH Neunkirchen Saar (Menesa) and the aluminium pur is French. Can anyone enlighten me please?

Cheers

Ben
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Water Bottle Base marking  
    Ben

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Water Bottle Base marking
    P
    Many

It also seems to have a big number "1" stamped underneath it
    Ben

And on the cup and MN 43 on it. So the MN short for Menasa?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Water Bottle Base marking  
    Ben

Nobody any ideas?
    Ben

Correct MN does stand for Menesa. It made feldflasche for the Germans during the war, not seen one so marked before and would say it is post war domestic/camping gear.

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    Correct MN does stand for Menesa. It made feldflasche for the Germans during the war, not seen one so marked before and would say it is post war domestic/camping gear.
    Could be but the cup is marked MN 43 with the Menasa marking on its top and the bottle marked as above
    Ben

There is a great 5 page thread on the WAF ref this maker, some reckon its its Max Muller Nurnberg
    Ben

Max Müller, Nurnberg did not make metal items afaik, they made leather items and their maker code was bmd.

Like with the RBN codes, the makers name would NOT have been on anything by 1943 to avoid allied bombing .
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Hello.
    The " MENESA " and " Aluminium Pur " in french would be very much out of place on some german WW2 piece of equipment.
    The answer is simple : it is post-war german made stuff for the french army in order to pay back the war damages caused by our always agitated neighbours.
    At first the MENESA logo was different as I already said so on Wehrmacht Awards, then at some point ( 1950 ? But for sure before the french army adopted the ugly M51 helmet that MENESA also made) it became " MENESA Aluminium Pur " which could be seen on military equipment as much as on sugar pots, coffee pots, mess kits / dishes for campers and so on.
    Not only the double marking doesn't make any sense at all, but the " Menesa " part isn't even the one used for the first hybrid mess kits produced for the french army.
    One of those two markings is a fake made to fool people and unsurprisingly it is the " MN 43 " part.
    My war damages payback water canteen of course only shows " Menesa Aluminium Pur " and capacity markings, " 1 " meaning 1 liter.