Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

webbing & helmet?

Article about: just bought this lot from yes you guessed it my favourite place but as oonly just won it and seller described helmet as ww1 and other items as ww1 and ww2 its anybodys guess untill it turns

?

Default webbing & helmet?

just bought this lot from yes you guessed it my favourite place but as oonly just won it and seller described helmet as ww1 and other items as ww1 and ww2 its anybodys guess untill it turns up, i have either bought a load of crap or swam the channel, fingers crossed guys
    Attached Images Attached Images webbing & helmet? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement webbing & helmet?
    P
    Many

Default Re: webbing & helmet?

Dave, alot of the webbing is 58 pattern, I use to use it when i was in the military, it got phased out in the early nineties, the booklets are NBC papar and one of the belts and the water bottle look like American

Ben
    Ben

?

oh dear it looks like this time my luck has ran out,,,, i bet now that the helmets american aswell,, oh well cant win them all,,,, rgds sad little sscrooge,

The respirator is a WW2 British home front example. Be careful of these Dave, as the the filter is asbestos. Mix up a solution of PVA glue and pour this into the filter to seal it.

The puttees look post war too, as do the stripes and buttons.

The field dressing top right might be WW2 British, but only worth a quid.

I cannot really see what the helmet is, but it does not look WW1 to me.

Cheers, Ade.

One bad one out of all the good ones iv seen you post aint to bad at all sscrooge, and im sure theres some one out there that will take them off your hands if you dont want them , cheers Raymond

?

hi guys, thanks for the replies, the guy was also selling a falklands helmet that sold for £21 then within 15mins was relisted on a buy it now for £40so thought mm whats he upto,so asked him for a pic of the lid i had paid for ,he just sent me a refund saying i obviously didnt want it all so heres money back, so dont know his game plan but im now happy cheers dave

Hi Dave, I think you have, once again, come out of a deal "smelling of roses" I am pleased for you!

Cheers, Ade.

?

well that helmet did my head in wondering what it was so after plenty of mythering got seller to send me some pics,it turned out to be an m1 front seamed fixed bale lid,its now on its way now to sscroogey,,just need to get a liner ,, rgds dave
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture webbing & helmet?   webbing & helmet?  

webbing & helmet?   webbing & helmet?  

It is a nice helmet.