Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Wehrmacht assault A frame - Real or Fake? Help needed!

Article about: Hello fellas I’m interested in buying this Wehrmacht A Frame,but unfortunately I’m not familiar with the authenticity of this kind of field equipment. I’ll be very happy if you tell me this

Quote by Ves View Post
    .... and seven professional collectors said....
    Hello,
    Professional collectors ?
    i do collect this stuff since more than 35 years but i have never met a profesional collector....
    i know some experienced or advanced collectors, but no profesional...(i wish i was one of them by the way)
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wehrmacht assault A frame - Real or Fake? Help needed!
    P
    Many

Ves
    ?

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    Professional collectors ?
    i do collect this stuff since more than 35 years but i have never met a profesional collector....
    i know some experienced or advanced collectors, but no profesional...(i wish i was one of them by the way)
    Thanks
    Sorry for my English. I meant to say people with huge experience in collecting WW2 German items
    By the way would you answer my previous question regarding your advice to save my money on this A frame? Of course if’s not a problem for you

Regards!
    Ves

?

Yes indeed . my mistake. wrong picture in front of me , czech webbing. sorry Ves

Ves
    ?

Quote by warmac View Post
    Yes indeed . my mistake. wrong picture in front of me , czech webbing. sorry Ves
    No worries!

Cheers!
    Ves

Hello,
    When i say "save your time and money", there's no hidden message behind this sentence, it just means, save your time, this item will make you waste your time, and money, this item will make you waste your money...as simple as that.

I don't know the price of this A-frame, but i would never buy it even if it was cheaper than a used messkit.
    It is a question of education, militaria education of course. One of the most important things that i learned from my "masters" in collection is that WE buy WWII german artefacts, we do not buy prices.
    If you buy this item because it's cheap, then you buy a price, because the item is, let's say, not desirable.
    This A-frame does exist and perhaps it's cheap...but it's a bit short in my opinion.
    Personaly, i want more from my items and i get a lot more, why ?
    just because i saved my time and well earned money, to be able to buy the items that i wanted for my collection, in the condition as close as they were in 1945...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :

Indeed, that was my advice as well...... you”ll end up wanting a good one, and never get rid of this one, because it’s simply not very desirable because of the defects.....

Save your money and add it up in saving for a good one....

Tom

Ves
    ?

Thanks for your advice fellas. I just wanna complete my M36 combat tunic ( I don`t have the patience ) and the only part is missing from the whole equipment is the A Frame which cost me €40 ( I think thats a bargain price keeping in mind that the good ones worth few hundred dollars ) Of course I am on the same page with JPhilip and Tom regarding their opinion and advice,but at the moment I cant afford it to buy a A Frame in a very good condition. Thats why Im about to put that one until the lucky day come true
    I really appreciate your comments and opinions.

Best regards!
    Ves
    Wehrmacht assault A frame - Real or Fake? Help needed!

Hello,
    We give you advices but in fine you do what you want like anybody else, that's ok with me.
    By the way, despite the fact that you use an early Feldbluse for your set up, you also use late war simplified Y-straps and the collar of the Feldbluse is worn open, so this is a late war set up. What you need here is not a A-frame, but rather a late war infantry assault pack. They're not very expensive and not rare and would make a better impression than a damaged and rusty A-frame.
    Thanks

In Memoriam :

Ves
    ?

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    We give you advices but in fine you do what you want like anybody else, that's ok with me.
    By the way, despite the fact that you use an early Feldbluse for your set up, you also use late war simplified Y-straps and the collar of the Feldbluse is worn open, so this is a late war set up. What you need here is not a A-frame, but rather a late war infantry assault pack. They're not very expensive and not rare and would make a better impression than a damaged and rusty A-frame.
    Thanks
    Thank you very much JPhilip. Definitely I will go with your suggestion. Glad every time I am learning something new and helpful in this great forum

Best regards!
    Ves

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2