Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Wehrmacht Wooden Box

Article about: Hi Chaps. Got given this small wooden box over the weekend, a mate of mine asked If I would be interested in it, as it had some kind of label written in German inside. I naturally thought, w

Default Wehrmacht Wooden Box

Hi Chaps.
    Got given this small wooden box over the weekend, a mate of mine asked If I would be interested in it, as it had some kind of label written in German inside. I naturally thought, well this looks interesting, but a shame that its been repainted.
    Does anyone have any idea what it was for. Translated it say's "Sleeve Cartridge" can anyone elaborate on that for me please? It has 3 shaped blocks fitted on the inside, and is about 0.5m in length.
    All input gratefully appreciated.
    Cheers
    Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wehrmacht Wooden Box   Wehrmacht Wooden Box  

Wehrmacht Wooden Box   Wehrmacht Wooden Box  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wehrmacht Wooden Box
    P
    Many

Ammo crate for the chargers for the Le FH 18 artillery gun

10.5 cm leFH 18 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Very nice condition.

Cheers for that Ade. So the box would have carried just a single round then?

Greetings Mark,

My best guess is the case held three 10.5 CM leichte Feldhaubitze 18 Cartridges/Powder Charges as seen here H

Regards,

Lance

Thanks for the link Lance. Nice one. I think I'll keep hold of this one now.
    Cheers.

The model 18 field howitzer seems to have been one of the most widely used cannons. If the box has been repainted check to see if the designation is still visible on the lid. It will have similar lettering seen on the label and a reference to Karth or possibly KartH painted in white letters. Something like KartH 3 le F H 18. NH

Hi Neil.
    I can just make out some faint letters and numbers on both the lid and at one end on the side. I might try and get some white spirit or similar on it and see if I can make them a touch clearer.
    Cheers.