Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Weird gas mask!!

Article about: Hello all! I stambled on this gas mask and I can find no info about it! What is is? Why is there an electrical plug-in? If you know please share your knowledge with me!! You are most welcome

Default Weird gas mask!!

Hello all!
    I stambled on this gas mask and I can find no info about it! What is is? Why is there an electrical plug-in?

If you know please share your knowledge with me!! You are most welcomed for any info!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Weird gas mask!!
    P
    Many

This is featured on Toms website,its a Kriegsmarine GM30,quite sort after and less common than its Heer cousin,others will tell you more.....and supply a link as im not much good with techno stuff.

plug is for microphone for radio and or intercom , its genuine

?

Kriegsmarine version

Weird gas mask!!

Telephone Operator version

Weird gas mask!!

Duska i think that what we have here is a telephone operator version gas mask for the Kriegsmarine? I don't think it is for the Kriegsmarine since it says 'Luftschutzges...something' (i don't have in hand right now)...
    Plus that the electrical cord is on the other side of the mask than the one you showed me!

Correct, this is not KM Gasmask (btw, Heer used these microphones too, these are KM only when stamped with eagle and M on the inside)), but it is RL gas mask (Reichs Luftschutz)

Tom

Hello,
    Tom is right, they were also used in the Heer on the Atlantic Wall for example, not all CA crews were KM, some were from the Heer. Even if RL stamped, IMO this example is very nice...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

a rare type you have found.