Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WH gas torch?

Article about: Found this in a junk section on a pickers auction site, well for 9e you cant go wrong... Anyway i saw that bakelite wheel, dark green paint and the K4323 plate looks distinctive german to me

Default WH gas torch?

Found this in a junk section on a pickers auction site, well for 9e you cant go wrong...

Anyway i saw that bakelite wheel, dark green paint and the K4323 plate looks distinctive german to me.

Could this be an army issue gas torch?

WH gas torch?
    WH gas torch?WH gas torch?
    WH gas torch?
    WH gas torch?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WH gas torch?
    P
    Many

?

Here is one on ebay, with sellers description.

2WW German Army Blow Torch / Lamp K5512/3 good condition , Used by Panzer Troops , with a spare tools, in one place on the handle welding is missing but handle is still ok, good paint and a few stamps 54 euros.

WH gas torch?

Lightbulb

Nice example of a WWII German vehicle blowlamp. These were used as part of the Fuchs cold-start mechanism fitted to most German armoured vehicles after the problems experienced during the Russian winter of 1941/2.

Although this was their official designation, they were used for many other purposes such as heating food etc. It can be fairly difficult to find contemporary photos of them in the field - here's one hanging from a Panther in the Normandy campaign ( just below the cupola ). Obviously, cold-start wouldn't have been a problem in the Summer of '44, but the blowlamp may have been useful for heating track-pins during link changes....

WH gas torch?

A lot of these came onto the European militaria market about three years ago and could be had for around E20. but now they are a bit harder to find - I have seen prices up to E65. this year so E9. is a real bargain !