Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

What to do with Gasschutz 38 case with American soldier name on

Article about: Hi all, I have a question about a gasschutz 38 case with the name and number of an American soldier on it. I traced the name and number and it matches out. The soldier (John E Carter) must h

?

Default What to do with Gasschutz 38 case with American soldier name on

Hi all,

I have a question about a gasschutz 38 case with the name and number of an American soldier on it.
    What to do with Gasschutz 38 case with American soldier name onWhat to do with Gasschutz 38 case with American soldier name onWhat to do with Gasschutz 38 case with American soldier name onWhat to do with Gasschutz 38 case with American soldier name on
    I traced the name and number and it matches out. The soldier (John E Carter) must have taken this case and put his name and number on it.
    I found some info about him via this link: John E Carter : U.S. Army Enlistment Record

Anyone suggestions what to do with it or what it might be worth?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What to do with Gasschutz 38 case with American soldier name on
    P
    Many

Keep it and enjoy it. We don't offer appraisal services generally speaking. This would be a hard item to value anyway. Maybe someone out there would want to restore it with contents but that would be a difficult undertaking. I would use it to store some of my collectibles. NH

?

Maybe there's someone out there who really wants an item like this... never seen one so far with an american soldier's name on it.

?

Quite common IMO.... I saw one just a few weeks ago.
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

Ow, well google is my only reference!

Hi Dulac. You almost answered yourself there mate. Someone out there might 'really want it'! When I find anything with personal detail, ie dog tag I would try to locate next of kin, get in touch, and send it to them as a gift. Just a personal opinion, but my guess is in certain circumstances it could mean a great deal more to them than to yourself. With internet these days it becomes more of a possibility. Kind regards, Francis