Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

what feldflasche do I have?

Article about: Hello, well I'm stuck. I bought this canteen and there are some features to it that are puzzling me and I don't know who would have used it. 1) The felt cover is black - looks gray in the ph

Default what feldflasche do I have?

Hello, well I'm stuck. I bought this canteen and there are some features to it that are puzzling me and I don't know who would have used it.
    1) The felt cover is black - looks gray in the photos but it is surely jet black - it' just dirty .....
    2) There are no straps on the cover ( either front or back ) but the bottom stud is aluminium and correctly reinforced so I believe the cover is an early one.
    3) The snaps have the Prym pattern but do not say Prym on the underside
    4) There is NO stamping on the cap or bottle - nothing at all - but the cap has the correct red washer and the D ring clip maker is a G & A logo ( the G is intertwined with the A )
    5) Apart from the neck mothing that has damaged the top it is a nice looking feldflasche.
    Here are the photos ... what is it??
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture what feldflasche do I have?   what feldflasche do I have?  

what feldflasche do I have?   what feldflasche do I have?  

what feldflasche do I have?   what feldflasche do I have?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement what feldflasche do I have?
    P
    Many

Default Re: what feldflasche do I have?

Oops - just re-read my post! I meant to say there are no LOOPS on the cover for the strap to go through!

Hey guys!
    Have I stumped all the experts out there?
    A black canteen cover with Prym snaps & no loops MUST ring a bell with someone? .........

Most likely political. But canteens were available to buy to the general public as camping & hiking items.

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks Adrian,
    That makes sense. I thought that the military style strap ( which has all the correct details ) may have been added to a canteen that originally had a "choker" strap around the neck so as to create a Frankenstein canteen but it must have been done a long time back as it all seems to match wear-wise. I guess it will remain one of those unfathomable things?