Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

What is this German shoulder / belt pouch?

Article about: Hello all. This one has me stumped. I have searched all over and cannot find another pouch like this one. It is ersatz construction with leather fittings, belt loops and has a detachable lea

Default What is this German shoulder / belt pouch?

Hello all. This one has me stumped. I have searched all over and cannot find another pouch like this one. It is ersatz construction with leather fittings, belt loops and has a detachable leather shoulder strap. The inside has a divider with what looks like pencil or pen holders. Measures 8 1/2" tall, 8 1/4" wide and 3" deep all at the widest points. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for looking. Mike
    What is this German shoulder / belt pouch?What is this German shoulder / belt pouch?What is this German shoulder / belt pouch?What is this German shoulder / belt pouch?What is this German shoulder / belt pouch?What is this German shoulder / belt pouch?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What is this German shoulder / belt pouch?
    P
    Many

Well I can tell you that the letter code CLG was for Ernst Melzig, Lederwaren, Liegnitz, Polen. They made leather items, breadbags. this looks new/unissued but no idea what it was for.

Dav
    ?

I believe this is a very nice condition presumably late war Nachrichtentasche, a box used by Pioneers/Signals and would have held a report pad, pencils, tape, splicing knife, paper labels and a universal tool. Here is a picture of one like yours with its contents taken from another thread (link below):
    Ww2 german leather case ???

RMD
    ?

Quote by Dav View Post
    I believe this is a very nice condition presumably late war Nachrichtentasche, a box used by Pioneers/Signals and would have held a report pad, pencils, tape, splicing knife, paper labels and a universal tool. Here is a picture of one like yours with its contents taken from another thread (link below):
    Ww2 german leather case ???

.... Nice call, Dav. Looks like you solved the puzzle. At first, I thought that it might be related to photography, then I seen the inside.

Thank you all very much for the help and your wealth of knowledge.