Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

What kind of folding shovel?

Article about: It`s east german..\\$19.

?

Default Re: What kind of folding shovel?

And remember if you ever want to buy a German WW2 Klappspaten, if the handle is painted it's a post war Bundeswehr. They look the same.

Nice item mate.

Regards, Lars

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What kind of folding shovel?
    P
    Many

?

This type of shovel was made in a lot of diffrent contryes so it can be from all over and the germans used all they could find.. I got one from poland that is put in a 1ww holster..it was found this way..found it on a danish fleemarket (",)

?

THX guys...
    well on ebay, I found a shovel looking almost like this one, selling as a German one...weird.

German WWII Sapper Trench Folding Shovel Klappspaten 100 Original WW2 | eBay

?

Here is my Klappspate WW2

Regards, Lars

Hello,
    Sorry to say but IMO the folding shovel that opened this thread is postwar.
    It is not a WW2 german example (which was produced from 1938), it is not a WW2 american example (which was produced from 1943)....as those two armies were the only ones to produce folding shovels before 1945....!!!
    Postwar many countries did produced folding shovels for military and civilian use...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

Thanks for clearing it up somewhat...
    When I'll have some spear time, I'll try to snoop around some more to find out which country produced it, regardless of being postwar or not.

Cheers,
    Fabe

Quote by Datrus View Post
    And remember if you ever want to buy a German WW2 Klappspaten, if the handle is painted it's a post war Bundeswehr. .

Hello,
    It is true to say that when it left the factory, the german folding shovel did not have its handle painted....but what could happen later in the field or even postwar is another story. Hundreds of german straight and folding shovel were found in France. They had been painted in olive drab by the americans at the end of the war and left behind....one of my folding shovels come from this lot and it was fully painted in green when i got it....three hours later it was back to its original condition...i also got imperial russian, austrian and italian shovels from the same lot, all painted green and all seized from german soldiers that surrended in France in 1944-45.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :

?

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    Sorry to say but IMO the folding shovel that opened this thread is postwar.
    It is not a WW2 german example (which was produced from 1938), it is not a WW2 american example (which was produced from 1943)....as those two armies were the only ones to produce folding shovels before 1945....!!!
    Postwar many countries did produced folding shovels for military and civilian use...
    Thanks
    Can you elaborate on why it's postwar in your opinion. It's always nice when we tell why we think this or that.

Regards, Lars

Quote by Datrus View Post
    Can you elaborate on why it's postwar in your opinion. It's always nice when we tell why we think this or that.

Hello again,
    As mentioned in my post that you quoted, only Germany and USA produced folding shovels before 1945.
    This example is neither german nor american, so it was not produced before 1945, so it's postwar....
    it could be from any origin as many countries produced and used this type of tool from the war till now...
    Thanks

In Memoriam :

?

Well, I'm no expert with shovels...but...
    The Hugarian Royal Army (Axis) also issues a folding shovel (called: M43) in 1943 (see no. 8 on the photo), but of course my 'mystery shovel' is not in fact Hungarian.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast