Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

What is this Luftschraube Stellungsanzeige gauge/clock? Also trophy tank tags?

Article about: Trying to get better pics of the tank tags, local private seller claims this is all from his Grandpa, 99 years old and still kicking "knows about every item". I researched the gaug

Default What is this Luftschraube Stellungsanzeige gauge/clock? Also trophy tank tags?

Trying to get better pics of the tank tags, local private seller claims this is all from his Grandpa, 99 years old and still kicking "knows about every item".

I researched the gauge some on the net, only to come up with zero concrete info... looks like a clock the is cable wound? But the translation indicates to something to do with the propeller? Either way, a bit of a mystery. Lets see if the members of this forum can top the info gleaned from "another" forum, where answers like "it's a propellent gauge" or "it's a gauge to indicate when your prop is going to fall off" were offered.

Trophy vehicle tags? Supposedly tanks, maybe?

I'll post a better picture of these when I receive it.

What is this Luftschraube Stellungsanzeige gauge/clock?  Also trophy tank tags?

What is this Luftschraube Stellungsanzeige gauge/clock?  Also trophy tank tags?

Unknown dial...Luftschraube...maybe from a german airplane? - Axis History Forum

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What is this Luftschraube Stellungsanzeige gauge/clock?  Also trophy tank tags?
    P
    Many

A Luftschraube is an Airscrew...in other words, an Aircraft Propeller Position Gauge....
    This Thread should be moved to the AVIATION Sub-Section of the Forum, where you're likely to get more responses from our Aviation Enthusiasts...
    cheers, Glenn

Thx Glenn ;-)

Any idea what plane from? There is/was something like posted here, in the form of an ad, in German, no pic, but mentioning a Junker?

Next question is; How does this propeller position change, pitch? And again, on what aircraft?

But my main question would be; Why does this read like a 12hr clock, how do you understand/compute prop pitch from a readout like this?

Thx,

Mac, from the "dry" side (and boy is it ever dry these days...). CRAZY winds you guys had there the other days, with tragic results...

If you Google "Luftschraube Stellungsanzeiger" you'll find many examples to compare with...I believe it's a gauge indicating Propeller Pitch....
    Glenn

Re-read your post, I'll wait to have it moved to the appropriate section, hopefully with some definitive answers. This item is a little bit like the needle in the haystack, but in reverse... ;-)

If you can find an FL Number on the gauge, we'll be able to identify the aircraft...
    Glenn

Funny, but the Google Gods are much friendlier today than they were yesterday... The internet is moody? Moonphase? At any rate, yes, lots of info all the sudden, many great pages including this great read on the only remaining/flying BF109 in the world?

Bouncing Clouds - Flying the Messerschmitt Bf-109 > Vintage Wings of Canada

" I have always found something reassuring in the deep sonorous thrum of the Merlin; a sound akin to standing behind a dozen self-satisfied tenors. The Daimler engine, by comparison, struck me as clattering and harsh, more like a barrel full of hammers rolling down a staircase. "

;-))

PS I'll ask him to check for numbers or send me a pic of the back, thx for the tip.